How Old Is Your Oldest Grey?

Guest CountryGreys

Oldest grey  

364 members have voted

1. 1. How old is the oldest grey in your home?

• 1-5 years
    • 6-8 years
    • 9-10 years
    • 11 years
    • 12 years
    • 13 years
    • 14 years
    • 15 years
    • 16+ years

my sweetie sprite is 12, will be thirteen November 4.

here she is at a trail bound hounds walk last month.

DestructionBrook20.jpg

She currently shares her home with two other greys. Red is 6, lottie is also 6, but five months younger that Red dog.

tbhwalkresized36.jpg

red dog (Bacopa Mred)

TBHLyman18.jpg

Lottie (jimbo lotta)

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martina will be 12 in August, Shadow will be 7 in June. Cliffy was 12.5 when he left me and Galen and Tim-Tim were both 13.5 when they left me.

• 1 month later...
Guest derfaroo

Our Genie turned 18 years YOUNG this month. She's doing wonderfully. Bright eyes, good teeth, and still full of energy. Loves to run & play with other pups!

Guest mleg2001
Our Genie turned 18 years YOUNG this month. She's doing wonderfully. Bright eyes, good teeth, and still full of energy. Loves to run & play with other pups!

Oh my that is wonderful :colgate

Please tell what are her secrets to a long life

Guest MPPwith3

My Onyx (affectionately known as Nana) is 10 1/2. I had a big party for her since she was my first double digit girl. (Topaz went to the bridge at 5 and Brindle at 8).

So far, so good! (knock on wood)

Here's my Little Old Lady:

Nanaears.jpg

Edited by MPPwith3

Guest DutchGrey

Delfina is around 11 (when we got her 3 years ago she was around 8) and Vasco is around 7. Only in the last year I notice Delfina getting older. She sleeps a lot more than she used to, but she still (despite her heart condition) loves chasing cats and pouncing on her stuffies! And when she's up for it during walks with our adoption group, she will do a run and is -despite her age- always the fastest of the crowd.

Guest Leilani

My oldest Grey (my only Grey) is 3.5, as is my foster who goes home on Saturday. My last Greyhound only lived to be 4, thanks to osteo :( However, my Schnauzer died in April- she was pushing 17. I have never met a Greyhound that old, though.

Guest jfroggirl76

OK, the oldest grey I saw was 18 years old... WOW... I could only wish to be so lucky... My questions is the 17 & 18 year olds, did they every race? Congrats to all of you senior owners... :P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest derfaroo

:rolleyes: NO SECRET.....LOTS OF LOVE!!! She's our angel...and knows it!!!!

OK, the oldest grey I saw was 18 years old... WOW... I could only wish to be so lucky... My questions is the 17 & 18 year olds, did they every race? Congrats to all of you senior owners... :P

Genie ran for 5 years, and was a brood Mom for another 5 years...we didn't adopt till she was 11!!! At the time, GPA told us that we'd be lucky to get her to 13...but, at 18...she's still my wild child! We are SOOO LUCKY!

A lady at Petsmart the other day stopped to say hello to our gang. She said that her mother's grey was 20 years old! :eek She said that she can't see anything now, but gets around fine. She also said that she sleeps all the time and I said, "What's so different about that?" :lol I hope that we can be as lucky!

Guest Tiffany

Just saw the thread...

Linus will be 13 in August. We adopted him 2 weeks before his 9th birthday. :) Other than a bit of arthritis, he is healthy and doesn't look nor act his age!

Guest meakah
Piper turned 17 last October - she is still going strong!

Are you serious!?!? WOW!! :eek That is amazing! :)

Wow!! :blink: Amazing! :P

Piper turned 17 last October - she is still going strong!

Are you serious!?!? WOW!! :eek That is amazing! :)

Unfortunately, Piper went to the bridge in April but she had a great life right up to the end.

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.

Guest deanna
Unfortunately, Piper went to the bridge in April but she had a great life right up to the end.

:( I was just reading this thread and was going to PM you to ask how Piper was doing. Sorry to hear that you lost her, but so glad she had such an awesome long life!! :beatheart

I just adopted Pammy yesterday, she's 12. She'll be 13 in October.

Finn is 4 (5 in January) and Banjo is 3.

Guest PhillyPups

The Queen, BarbieJade turned 12 May 1, she is a retired brood, joined us at the young age of 10:

barbiejadegafpicnicL.jpg

Stepper is my home grown senior, he will be 11 in September (I did find one pic without his goofy clown face on):

Christmas2005-2004.jpg

TigerPower is young at 8:

Christmas2005-2020.jpg

And Zeus is the baby at 6:

Zeus4.jpg

our girl is 12 and our boys are 2 1/2 and 4or 5 they arnt sure! So glad to see older greys. Patience has been actin glike a pup lately... oh so good for the soul!!!!

• 11 months later...

Ace and Fritz are 6, Pinky is 4, and Latte will be 3 tomorrow :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

WOW is all I can say!

My 3 are all babies, all 3 or just about 3.

next one (did I say that ;) will be a sr. brood mama!

I have to wait until Beau makes a full recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project