Angel...

Guest FullMetalFrank

Guest FullMetalFrank

I just found out today that this past Wednesday, sometime during the night, my daughter's beloved cat, Angel, passed away. It was totally unexpected; he was fine when my ex let him in earlier. My daughter, who is only eight, found him on the couch in the morning, and he was gone. She was devastated. I feel horrible because I was not there (my DD lives with her Dad)

Angel was a stray who found his way up onto our porch quite a few years ago. He decided to stay; he was a big, sturdy cat and he took an instant liking to my young daughter. He always waited for her to go to bed, followed her up the stairs, and slept with her. Tiffany was only three or four when Angel came to us, and she felt very special that the cat had chosen her to be his person. When my ex and I split, and my DD went to live with him, she missed her cat so I brought him over to be with them. He promptly went missing for a week, and then reappeared. He was doing well, healthy and happy last time I saw him. What happened is a mystery; he will be sorely missed by my whole family.

Today my DD went with her sister and my ex to the shelter and they adopted a kitten, my girl picked him out, I have not seen him yet but my ex says he looks just like her Angel, black with a little white spot on his chest. This kitty will be indoors only, and hopefully will bond with my daughter and be around for many, many years. My daughter is wonderfully compassionate and caring with animals and I believe Angel helped to instill some of that in her. Rest in peace, sweet kitty...

Guest Winterwish
:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink Oh I'm sorry,your poor daughter must have been so shocked. How good that your daughter already brought home another kitten in need. I'm sure Angel knows,and is so,so happy about that! ~ :angel

I know Angel is up there "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" chasing butterflies, watching over your family. Godspeed Angel. God bless your daughter with her beautiful compassion for life and it's beautiful animals. She is the angel.

I'm so so sorry. The same thing happened to my MIL's beloved kitty. He just fell over and died.

Hugz to you and your daughter.

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY