Just So You Know

Jeff

Through the years since we opened the supporter gallery, it has taken on a few different forms. I think all the updates have been good, but have at times changed the location on files. What that means to the user is that links they have posted may become broken and show the dreaded red X :redx

Well I am planning on doing it again :blink:

I want to make Greytalk more portable, and to do that, I need to put everything into one main area on the server. Currently we have 2 main areas, greytalk.com and forum.greytalk.com More then just links, they are actually separate areas in the server.

Why do this? As you saw a few weeks ago, we moved to a test server during a main server outage. I can easily move the forum, and I can easily move everything else, but I can not easily get them to interact with each other as we have now, and I think that functionality should be in place as a safety measure.

I will try to set up a simlink so that current links function, and redirect to the new location. I have done the same thing for http://greytalk.com/~forums

That location no longer exists, but the link still works.

So basically and hopefully your image links will still work, but they may not, just be forewarned.

This will happen once we upgrade the main forum. I was hoping the update would be available this week, but that did not happen. Hopefully next week.

I have been working with the .3 release of the new software testing and getting things ready, but I wanted to wait for one more point release to grab any little bugs before going live. That will be a .4 release. I hope to get that done before the new year. It will require some down time, and I'll give you the test server to play with again when that time comes.

Stay tuned.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Jeff-

I only understand about a 1/4 of what you say on these topics, but you do a fantastic job and donate your time very unselfishly. So...whatever you said, thanks!

VPCTshirtLogo3-1-1.jpg

petblink7.gifpetblink63.gif

"Speak your mind - even if your voice shakes" - Maggie Kuhn

"It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not" - Unknown

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "Oh Crap. She's up." - Unknown

Guest vahoundlover
Jeff-

I only understand about a 1/4 of what you say on these topics, but you do a fantastic job and donate your time very unselfishly.  So...whatever you said, thanks!

1817232[/snapback]

Yep, me too. Thank you

Thanks for all of your work and time. :):thumbs-up:nod:wubsite

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

what they said.....

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest GreytsMom
Through the years since we opened the supporter gallery, it has taken on a few different forms.  I think all the updates have been good, but have at times changed the location on files.
1817084[/snapback]

That is all I can be sure of, but thanks for your knowledgable work so we can all continue to enjoy and learn from this site. Merry Christmas, too!

Guest 4luvofGreys
Through the years since we opened the supporter gallery, it has taken on a few different forms.  I think all the updates have been good, but have at times changed the location on files.
1817084[/snapback]

That is all I can be sure of, but thanks for your knowledgable work so we can all continue to enjoy and learn from this site. Merry Christmas, too!

1817982[/snapback]

I have to agree. You do a greyt job! So whatever you have to do, you do. Merry Christmas too you!!