My Grandpa Has Passed...

Guest FullMetalFrank

Guest FullMetalFrank

My Grandpa was a very special kind of person... So many warm, happy memories from childhood and later on in life. Today I got the news that his long life had ended. I am taken back to the first time in my life when I realized that there are some hurts your Grandpa just can't fix. I was around 11 or twelve, Ralphie, my Grandparent's dog, had been killed and I was crushed. I had wanted a dog of my own for so long and Ralph was my surrogate, "my" dog when we visited the ranch where they lived. Then the news came that the ranch was being sold; no longer ours to explore, all the wonderful things and places and memories, gone... It was too much for me. I went out into the tall fields of mustard and laid down, hidden from sight, and cried, that awful feeling in the pit of my stomach that nothing will ever be the same and knowing nothing and no-one can change that. I have felt that sickening feeling again, when my husband killed himself; when my dog Iberia was killed; and I am feeling it now because someone who used to comfort me and make all the hurt go away, is gone forever, and I did not take the many chances I had to say goodbye.

I love you Grandpa; please look in on Mac for me, and give my good dog Iberia a pat on the head, walk Ralphie like I always used to, along the creekbed and look for petrified wood. I will see you again someday, and we can sit down and crack some nuts together. Rest well, Grandpa...

-one of your little whippersnappers...

I'm so very sorry. :(:grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am sorry for your loss. My Grandpa was 94 when he passed away this last March...I am almost 40 and I cried like a baby...I loved my pap so much..He had the kindest heart..and was just so loveable.

There isnt a day that goes by that I dont Think of him...And wish that he was still here..

Prayers to you and your family. f_yellow

In loving Memory of: 

Chip, Wendell, Tessa, Moose, Moody, Noble Storm, Thunder, Gracie, Duke

I am so sorry. Hold on to precious memories. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greymouse

I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandpa. I'm sure that when the pain dulls, your many wonderful memories of him will make your heart heal and make you smile. :f_red

Guest FatCatSkinnyDog
f_yellow:cry1 BIG HUG for you! I am tearing up reading your post... just remember that as much as we love people here on Earth, there is a reason they are called when they are. You know that your Grandpa is watching over you and you will always have a guardian angel.

Losing grandparents is definately losing something magical. I am sorry for your loss right now.

I miss my grammie too and I am almost 40 and cried like a babe when I kissed her sweet cheek for the very last time.

He will always be with you.

Take care of yourself.

:f_white

I'm so sorry. I lost my Grandpa 10 years ago in August. It does get easier, but after all these years, I still miss him. The one thing that I have that I hope I never lose is I can still hear his laugh. He had this infectious, bold, fun laugh. And he loved nothing more than playing with the grandkids.

Jayme with Pippi (the scaredy-beagle)
In the memories of all of my Bridge-babies I'd like to remind people to choose adoption--and that it's not just dogs and cats that are available!