Mom & Dad

Guest Heehoo

Guest Snowy8

Today is the one year anniversary of my mom passing away & the one month anniversary of my dad passing away.

Both introduced me to the world of greyhounds when I was a young girl...when we came home from visiting my grandfather's grave in Mariana Arkansas...daddy would stop at the gas station just before the I55 bridge going back to Memphis. There would always be a greyhound hauler there. Mom or my grandmother would walk us over to see the pups, but all you could see were their eyes. Those soulful eyes.

In later years, my dad would tell me stories of how he went to the track with his best friend. They weren't old enough to bet, so they would pick the ones they liked & let Mr. Joe put money on them & he'd give them their winnings after the race. Back then it might be a couple of dollars but a couple of dollars went a long way.

In recent years I would tell daddy stories about going to the kennels & to the races. He loved when I brought my greyhounds around.

So today...forgive me if I'm not a very funny & witty person. There is still a lot of sadness in my heart.

I miss them both terribly.

:f_pink mom - Jan 5, 1926 - June 6, 2004

:f_red daddy - May 23, 1918 - May 6, 2005

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry Hilda. Take peace in knowing they are walking the

Streets of Gold with a pack of greyhounds in tow, I'm sure.

God bless you.

Guest blastsmom

I am deeply sorry for your losses!!!!! But, my first thought, was that all our greys in heaven have a greyt friend with them too!! :f_pink

I am so sorry. It is painful to loose your parents.

Please take a few days to reflect. Remember them as if they are still alive as it will help to ease the pain.

Hugs!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

:f_pink

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest carebear530
:bighug Here is a big hug. I lost my mom when I was younger & know how hard that is. I know it must be extra hard with both of them gone. I know they are watching over you & smiling. Do something fun today in their memory.

I am so sorry. :( I know how hard it is. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest shirley

I can't imagine a loss like that. It is something I have yet to deal with. I am sure that your parents are watching over you and giving you strength. I am sending a warm hug from across the miles.

Guest Meredith

Hang in there. I have no doubt there were a bunch of greys waiting for them when they left you, ready to show them more than just their soulful eyes this time.