Sad Morning

Guest GoldenMaia

Guest GoldenMaia

I don't know if this is the right place to post but I'm having such an awful morning. I recently fostered 8 puppies from the SPCA because they were too young three weeks ago to be adopted. This morning I had to load them up and take them back to the SPCA so they can get 'altered' and then adopted out. I know I should be happy that they have a chance to go to new homes but taking them back was one of the hardest and worst things I've had to do in a very long time.

Seeing them running around in the grassy backyard, playing and scuffling in the mint and flowers and then seeing them this morning get put into a little cement cell was almost more than I could take. I hope they go to good homes. I hope people will love them as much as my family and I have. I want to know they will always be happy and bright little puppies.

Anyway--thanks for letting me ramble on. :(

=GM=

Awwww :grouphug

Try to look at it is one of the hardest, but definitely NOT one of the worst things you've ever done because you've done a GREAT thing! You got 8 puppies off to a great start in life and now, because of you, they're going to find great homes!!!

Forever in my Heart Joe T Greyhound, Charly Bear, Angel Daisy, and Katze & Buzz Kitty.

Guest greymom23

You are wonderful to foster the puppies. I know how hard it must have been to turn them back in to get adopted! I would have cried and cried even though they are going to get good homes!

Guest hamiesmom

I know it is hard to give them up but it was a wonderful thing that you did and you should feel good about that.

You just have to look at it in the sense that they may not still be here today if you weren't willing to foster them. We can only hope that the people coming to the ASPCA to visit them will all be wonderful people and they will find perfect homes.

Great job!

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug Sending many hugs your way.

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest shadesofgrey

I wonder if the ASPCA would let you leave a card to give out with the pups when they are adopted in case any of the adopters would like to get in touch with you. I know we are so excited to see Angel's fosters this weekend at the reunion, and they only fostered her one day!

Guest ProudGreyMom

Oh I hope they all do find happy puppy homes! Can you check in on them? I sure would. Good job taking care of them and giving the a good start :colgate

Bless you heart! :grouphug I have such respect for people who foster animals. You give your love to little ones knowing that you'll have the heartbreak of giving them up. I'm sure it would have been a little easier to see them going away happily in the arms of their forever families, rather than into SPCA kennels. Still, by giving them a good healthy loving start in life, you've truly given them a future.

Do something nice for yourself to celebrate the brighter future you've given the pups.

Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest Baloos_Mom

Fostering is hard! :grouphug:grouphug Hold your head up and know that you are ONE special person to have taken on such a difficult task! ;)

Guest Snowy8

Bless your heart...I know how you feel but usually the puppies I foster are about 4 yrs old & are already going to a happy home. But seeing them leave is heart breaking. The way I keep from getting attached to them is to pretend they are just boarding with me.

The hardest ones for me to see leave & go to their forever homes were Angie, Endless & Splendor...I still am in constant touch with their families so that makes it easier.

Maybe the ASPCA will let them have your email address when they are adopted.

Guest GoldenMaia
That must have been very hard to take them to the SPCA, but bless you for giving them a great start in life!

1451623[/snapback]

I just have to give an update that all the puppies went to new homes. Last weekend was a Super Pet Adoption and I even got to speak with a lot of the people who took the puppies home. It made me feel 100% better!!

Thanks for all the kind support!

=GM=