Kali

Guest greystar

Guest greystar

It was one year ago today that I felt a pain so deep that I wondered if I would ever recover. My sweet grey-girl Kali was in a bad spot and there was nothing I was going to be able to do to help her. She had already survived cancer once, a golf ball sized tumor had been removed from her knee 3 years earlier, but this time the tumor was in her spine. She had been pacing for 3 days, fighting with every fiber of her being, but she was tired and ready to be free of the pain. And as I considered spending thousands of dollars to give her a ten percent chance of extending her life another couple of months, she looked up at me with her deeply expressive eyes and let me know. Although my pain was only beginning, she was ready to go to the bridge and be pain free. So with a broken heart I let her go.

The loss of my girl had a profound impact on my life. In the days since her passing I have given my life to greyhounds. I have adopted seniors that had lost their homes. I have adopted youngsters that had social issues. I even adopted one hound that was on a track's "kill list". And with each new greyhound I smile to the heavens and thank Kali for this wonderful gift of love that she has given to me.

So today I have done all that I can not to mourn her loss, but rather to celebrate her life. But there is still a hole in my heart, there are still tears in my eyes. I miss my girl.

Kali (Rjs Parsberg)

May 21, 1994 - January 14, 2004

M10.gif

OM Sri Maha Kalikayai Namah

4189kali-face.jpg

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=195640

Edited by greystar

Guest wmlcml6

I'm crying with you, Ken. She was beautiful! And I'm glad she stole your heart, or I may have never gotten the chance to meet you and Heather (well, get to know you anyway)!

I'm sharing a tear for Kali, and thanking her for bringing the love for greyhounds into your life.

Although I don't know you, I appreciate what you do for this breed, by loving the one's that have been "not so loved" in the past.

Guest KennelMom

:cry1

Ken,

I never met Kali, but through you, I've come to know and love her. I'm so sorry that I never got the chance to meet her, but today I am by your side to mourn her loss and celebrate her life.

:grouphug

:gh_run2 Kali, I know you are running circles around everyone at the Bridge, sweet girl.

:( I am so sorry. I know how hard it is... :grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry Ken. She was beautiful, and what a wonderful legacy she has left behind. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

:f_pink:gh_lay

I know it was the hardest decision you ever made, but when you stop to think about it, she's so much happier now. She's running free of pain vs pacing to make it stop.

When they are no longer enjoying life, then its no longer worth living.