My Baby Boy . . . Brindle

Guest D-Greyhound

Guest D-Greyhound

I adopted an 8-year old Retired Grey named Brindle. I love that dog soo much. I had to give him back to the adoption agency due to illness and he was re-adopted by a family that had 5 other older greys.

Now I have broken my hip and other problems walking due to broken hip last year.

My heart is sooo broken over Brindle who is now at Rainbow Bridge.

I want another one soooo badly. I don't have a fenced yard though. My heart is broken to not be able to have one of these babies. Especially one which is older or with special needs. I have a lot of love to give them. I am on Social Security Disability and alone; so I cannot donate to the welfare of greys.

I just love them so much that my screen name everywhere is "D-Greyhound"

I don't know if I am posting on the right place or not.

I would love to hear from you. conchout@msn.com

Linda

Guest kelanngrim

Hi Linda -

I am sorry about Brindle. I have not lost one of my babies yet but I am aware of things that could happen and it scares me.

Maybe you can work with a adoption agency. They need people to do other things then foster dogs. Then you would get some Greyhound Love!!!

Please visit us as much as you can!

Jennifer

Edited by Grimmysmom

It must've been heartbreaking to give up Brindle. I am very sorry.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Don't give up hope there are ways that you can still get a grey. You said that you are having trouble getting around, have you ever considered having a grey trained as a service dog to help you around the house. There is a person named Bean on this board who is having one trained as a service dog and she might be able to help you if you are interested in something like that. Watch for her posts and talk to her about it.

What Grimmeysmom told you is true there are always adoption centers that are looking for people to volunteer to help out. You don't have to be completely mobile to help out there will always be something that you can do and you will be close to the greys.

I am really sorry to hear about your Brindle. But take comfort in knowing that he is with the angels now running free and healed and will be waiting for you when it is your turn to cross the bridge.

I belive that we will all see our beloved animals again.

Take care

Dennis

MSGAO has a lady who is in a wheelchair due to spinal meningitus...she is wonderful with greyhounds & it helps them to get past issues with things like a wheelchair.

But not only that...she helps Jan by making those "reference" phone calls that the rest of us can't because we're at work. Perhaps you could help our your local greyhound adoption group by doing things like that.

At the same time, you're around the greys.

Guest D-Greyhound
MSGAO has a lady who is in a wheelchair due to spinal meningitus...she is wonderful with greyhounds & it helps them to get past issues with things like a wheelchair.

But not only that...she helps Jan by making those "reference" phone calls that the rest of us can't because we're at work. Perhaps you could help our your local greyhound adoption group by doing things like that.

At the same time, you're around the greys.

1163326[/snapback]

I am so sorry you lost your Brindle, and that you can't have a dog right now. Are you crafty--many people here make things for their groups to sell or raffle off to raise funds. Please feel free to stick around, many of our members don't currently have a grey, but we all love them.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest auntiesara

Yes you came to the right place. Even though you couldn't keep him doesn't mean that you didn't love him very much. Greyhound shelters need help with mailings and telephone work,which don't require you to be particularly mobile.

We lost 5 Greys in 5 years. I find some comfort in thinking of them playing together at the Bridge while waiting to be reunited with us!

Sara

I am so sorry. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest adriahna

Our thoughts are with you - how sad. Definitely give a thought to what the above folks have said - there are many ways to help out the adoption groups, if you want to become involved. Feel better, and know that your love for Brindle lived on in him - he went to his second family knowing love, trust and faith in them, all thanks to you. :f_white