Happy Birthday Dear

Guest Heehoo

This is such an ironic series of events. Four years ago in September my husband Gene passed away from melanoma cancer. There was a black greyhound he bet on every Saturday night that we were there & Bool was running.

Sometime after Gene passed away, Bool was retired. I worked about once a month at the adoption kennel & was always checking the website for the new dogs. One cold December day, I checked & saw that Bool was up for adoption. I went over on Friday afternoon & asked about him. There he was, coal black. He was a leaner, and he clacked his teeth. I stood out in the turn out pen with him on that day & decided he was coming home with me. That was December 18th, 2000.

On February 28, 2003...I lost Bool to cancer. It was like someone had kicked me in the chest. I thought after losing Sadie-Grey that I would never get attached that deep with another greyhound, but Bool was one of those that when you met him, without you knowing it, he'd steal your heart. He took it with him when he crossed the bridge.

The next morning, I went to the kennel for some mood relief & while there, Jan said I want you to meet someone & she brings out Dear. It was as if someone had played a terrible joke & that Bool was still here. The 2 dogs were identical. They acted alike, looked alike...it was incredible. I took Dear home a month later...

One day while filing his papers I came across his registration...his birthday is December 18th.

I won't be home for his birthday this year because I'm going to visit my cousins in Nashville, so I wanted to post it early. Dear has helped me so much with the passing of Bool in February, Brogan & Boner in June & then Racer in August of last year. He's so comical...so loving. He's my life saver.

Happy Birthday Dear! Nov09687.jpg

Happy Gotcha Day Bool 21_20.jpg

Happy birthday Dear! :confetti:confetti Happy Gotcha Day Angel Bool :angelwings Hugs Hilda :grouphug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Happy Birthday Deer! Happy Gotcha Day Bool! Hilda you know you're always in our hearts here at the zoo! :grouphug:grouphug

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee