Ricochet's Legacy

ChiliDog

Well, it looks like we're getting another pupper tomorrow!!!! There was one "left over" after the big transfer to the South. (hmm - wonder if Shirley the "greyhound mama" had anything to do with that for us...)

I haven't mentioned it to anyone (except you, my Greytalk friends) because I know people will find it odd that I can open my heart to another dog so soon after Rikky. I try to explain that Greys are NOT like other dogs, and that only the size of living space prevents "greyt people" from adopting seconds and thirds etc.

We are NOT replacing Ricochet, we are remembering him in the best way we feel possible - by saving another one of his bretheren.

And this time I will take the time to share the new pupper with all of you wonderful people!

Thanks to all!

Donna

Good for you Donna - I lost the love of my life this past August and could not live without a Grey - Pepsi crossed the bridge on August 08 and we got Foley on August 19, then Evette in September - life is unbearable without a Grey once they have been a part of one's life. I view my 2 girls as a tribute to my wonderful and never to be forgotten or replaced Pepsi.

pepsi-2009.jpg?t=1262016678

Thee's nothing odd about it. It sounds like your new pup was sent to you by Richochet...that's why the pup left over.

Congratulations!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Congratulations! I find nothing odd about your decision to adopt another grey. I think once we have known the love of a greyhound it's impossible to live without one.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Of course you're not replacing him! I think it's the fact that you did share so much love with Ricochet that makes it possible for you to open your heart up to another. I can't wait to hear about your new baby! Congratulations and bless you. :)

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

What a wonderful tribute to Ricochet. Congratulations! Ricochet must be smiling down on you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I understand because we did the same thing. Ibis passed on Oct 25th, we took Orion in as a foster a week before thanksgiving and adopted him Dec 1st. Griff, went to the bridge July 31st and Asher came home on August 26th.

We will always keep Ibis and Griffin close in our hearts and memories until we're reunited again. Our love for them will never fade.

Orion is so much like Ibis and Asher is so much like Griff that I believe they were both were sent to us by our bridge angels.

Congratulations! I'm sure Ricochet is smiling.

Edited by Gale

Guest auntiesara

We adopted Sadie the same week we lost Rosie. The odd thing was that she arrived at Greyhound Friends the exact day Rosie left us. We know she helped us chose Sadie. You're not alone at all.

Sara

Bless your heart. I just know that Rikki is sending you guidance from the Bridge. :)

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.