3 Months Tomorrow

Guest ecee413

Guest ecee413

Hi everyone. I don't think that I have posted anything since I lost Hazel 3 months ago. Trust me though, I am on the website almost everyday looking at everyone's cute pictures. Tomorrow will be 3 months to the day that I lost Hazel to Osteo. I thought that it would get easier, but I find my mind wandering all of the time, and I cry at a drop of a hat.

I actually wanted to share something with everyone. On Oct 15 (This is when we decided that Hazel's Birthday was because they told us it was sometime in mid October) I was in my basement doing some laundry and I swear that I heard her cry, just like the way that she did towards the end. I didn't really think that much of it at the time. I just got a little sad. About 2 hours later the phone rang and it was one of our old neighbors from down the street that we haven't spoken to in years. The guy wanted to let us know that he was driving down our street and saw a brindle dog in our driveway and want to see if it was ours. Needless to say that Hazel was brindle. I miss her so much :(

2.jpg

Edited by ecee413

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry for your loss of your sweet girl. I can't say when it will get easier, the time doesn't seem to matter. Only that eventually you will think of her and smile one day.

I lost Trevor a year ago next week to OS. His gotcha day was Oct 13th, I was a basket case. :cry1 I find my self thinking of him more the past few months, and crying often. It has gotten easier over time, just certain times still get to me. I do smile more than cry when thinking of him, and find things in my new boys that remind me of him almost every day.

It does sound like she sent you a sign though, that she's doing OK and will still be looking out for you...

:grouphug

Guest ecee413
It hurts a lot!  Has she sent you anyone to keep you company yet?

1072056[/snapback]

I was close to adopting again, but I just can't bear the thought of replacing her yet. I know she will never be replaced, but even when I see a dog walking down the street that looks like her, I am still to emotional, and I don't want to get a dog that I resent in any way. I think when the time is right I will know

Guest trevdog

You'll know when the time is right, and she may send a pup your way. I feel it does help to bring a new pup into your life, but not everyone feels the same. That's not how I felt at first though. It took someone else's grey bumping into me during a walk and hanging on me for some attention. I knew then I needed to bring another boy home and I was lonely. I call Ossie my healing dog, as he helped me get over losing Trevor a lot sooner than I would have but it wasn't easy on him.

Take your time, it's OK to hurt.....

Guest mohawkgreys

God bless you and comfort you. I am so sorry for your loss. It is always so hard to lose a dear friend. At least she is in no pain! Yes, you will know when it is time to replace a lost friend. God bless!

We lost Cody very suddenly this past April, and both my daughter and I will still sometimes tear up or cry about him. We had to adopt another boy, Lou, very quickly, as Bailey was on a hunger strike. Lou did not stop the pain, but he did distract us. We have adopted a third since then, Roman, who is rapidly becoming my heart dog, but I will never forget my Cody. We often talk about him, how he'd like some new toy we bought, how how he might have responded to one of our new additions, things like that. I have his ashes on the mantle, and I'm working on a memorial for him in the garden.

I don't believe there is a set time frame or even a set way to grieve, we are all individuals and you just have to move through it as best you can. It's been 6 months, and I still have trouble with the Remembrance forum, as I find it painful to read. Yesterday when I found out Casey had gone to the bridge, I cried my eyes out, then got up and had a snuggle with Romi. It helped.

Hazel will send you send you someone when the time is right.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

:bighug You'll know when the time is right.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest ProudGreyMom

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think the pain goes away eventually but the little hole in your heart always sort of stays there, especially if its your heart dog that passes. I had many sightings of Benny, my bridge beagle, after he passed. he was my heart and soul and it even got so bad with his visitations that it was upsetting Jake. I sat with Jake one day and held onto Jake's paw - I called Benny to us and we "told" him that we loved him and missed him but we understood that he had to leave us. After that, I really have not had any visitations and Jake started to act normal again. He is still in my heart and I miss him every day but it gets easier and I think of him with a smile now.

I had to catch my breath when I read this.

When I lost my first greyhound Sadie-Grey to an akita attack...I would wake up in the middle of the night because I know I heard her whimper or I heard her tags. Sometimes I would feel the bed move...she used to come up & bump it, then jump up on it...sort of a signal "here I come"...

Scullysmom told us that her pup Muldaur sends her rainbows...I truly believe they do.

Today I was outside walking with Buycut...he had his 2nd heartworm treatment (he's a rescue I'm fostering permanently)...and over my orange & white cat's grave is a new plant...it appears to be a crepe myrtle...I did not plant it. He must've known I loved crepe myrtles.

Thank you for sharing this.....

Edited by snowy8

Guest auntiesara

We lost Rosie at about the same time you lost Hazel. I accidentally signed Rosie's name to a note to a customer today meaning to write Sadie. How wonderful for her to come back or send an apparition on her birthday. I'm sure you've read about the rainbows others have sent. I believe she will send you a new Grey when the time is right. All I can say is that they do visit us out of love. I think of Rosie meeting Girlfriend and the puppy from TX and so many others fron GT and I feel momentary comfort. Sometimes a ceremony or just lighting candles for our Angels helps.

Sara and Charlie

Guest patti909

What a sad, sad story. I don't think the pain ever goes away. I lost my Max last year, almost 11 months ago, and it still hurts. I can't talk about him or I get choked up. What did help was getting my first grey in Jan.