I Can't Stop Sobbing

Guest Greanytea

Guest Greanytea

I'm so tired of having my animals die *crying* my guinea pig died today. His name was Edward and he was sweet and fat. This is the 3rd animal i've lost this year (2 guinea pigs and 1 kitty).

I can't stop crying right now. It didn't hit me until a little over an hour after I found out. One of my greyhounds killed the guinea pig. We had two pigs (edward and guinness) and we keep them in our guest room but always keep the door shut. This morning the door must not have latched all the way and when I left for work at 12pm one of them got it. My mom came home at 12:45 and said she knew something wasn't right when she walked in the door and then she saw Edward lying on the living room floor dead and she said she just started screaming and sobbing, her 2 friends had to come over to the house because she was so hysterical. She didn't want to call me at work so I didn't find out until I came home at 7pm; I walked into the house and I could hear her crying and she came up to me and goes "i'm so sorry, eddy died, i'm so sorry". I can't stop thinking about how scared they must have been and I hope he didn't feel any pain and it's not like I can be mad at the greyhounds because they're taught to kill furry things like that and really it's our fault because we let our guard down. None of the greys have ever showed any interest in the pigs and we're not sure which one killed him but the grey got the door open and broke the cage open and got Edward. My mom said Guinness was so scared. Guinness is at my grandma's house right now, i'm going to need to find a new home for him so if anyone wants a Gpig let me know. he's about 6 months old =*(

Edited by Greanytea

Oh, no! I'm so sorry. Wish I could be there to give you a big warm hug. I know it wouldn't really help much, but there's times a person needs a hug anyways. Gentle little hugs to Guinness, too.

Godspeed, Edward.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Awwwwwww bless your heart. I do know how you feel. My 1st greyhound killed my muscovey duck Bobbi...it broke my heart. I was so sad...I would drive somewhere & start crying & have to go home. The morning this happened, I called in sick. So I do know how you feel.

:gh_lay:f_pink

Oh, how awful for you and your Mom and of course Edward. I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so sorry, Guinea pigs are such special little creatures, I'm very sorry about Edward.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry. Sending you big hugs from one piggy lover to another. My piggy Roxy died the morning my DH had to have emergency surgery. It's so hard to let them go.

Edited by argolola

Guest soul4greys

I feel for you and am very sorry. Poor Edward. God bless. :grouphug

We have two kittys and three guineas and never really worried much about Adonis doing them any harm. He is so laid back. The little albino piggy girl I got (deaf and blind on one side), would even lay between his paws and rest. We started being more careful and controlling when Venus came home. She is fine around them but given a chance.....well lets just say, I could see her giving in to her natural drive. Also, since Venus came home, Adonis has changed some. He is still laid back but when triggered way more competitive as before and when Venus gets excited about the critters so does he. That is simply in their blood and you never know when it surfaces. It is not their fault but it is horrible when something happens and you lose a beloved companion.

Edward has crossed the bridge and is roaming with all creatures now free of any fear.

We send you a big hug.

Sabine, Adonis and Venus (the greys), Sonic and Sylvester (the cats) and of course Cotton, Scoop and Vincent (the piggys)

Guest Greanytea

Thank you everyone. I'm feeling a bit better this morning but honestly it's so hard to look at the greyhounds right now. They're so sweet and seem so innocent and it's really hard to think that one of them or all three of them were so violent to the little piggy. It'll get easier in a few more days...thank you all.

Guest auntiesara

This is heartbreaking. of course he never realized he wasn't just playing with poor Piggy. If you look back you will see "Tragedy at Matt&Sadie's house".My Cockatoo killed my Cockateil recently. I'm sure you blame yourself for not protecting him as I do. Just keep in mind they are waiting patiently for us at the Bridge....

Sara