Remembering My Benny

Guest ProudGreyMom

Guest ProudGreyMom

:( This is such a hard week for me. I keep thinking that my Benny was still alive this time last year, and then he left me for the bridge on the 29th. The grief is still there, just can't shake it. Andy has picked up so many of Benny's traits, its like Benny hopped into Andy's heart.

I miss my boy and I love him so much. :weep

5885eaa67fd31b6de99c60422a07bca4.JPG

960586c2f8b23607ee6dd0e97a082bb2.JPG

Guest argolola

What an adorable little boy!

I know it hurts. He's probably looking down, wanting to dry your eyes.

Sending big hugs.

I'm so sorry, Cheryl! Sometimes I think it even gets harder the longer they're gone. Benny was such a cutie! That pic you post from time to time of you and him camping is one of my favorites. I'm sure Benny misses you and the fun times you had as much as you miss him. :grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest Snowy8

You know its funny that you should say how much his personality has jumped over into your other pupper.

I lost Bool a year ago...it was on a Friday in February. I came home, my sister helped me load him in her truck & she took him to her horse farm & buried him in the back corner of the pasture.

I put my phone on the answering machine & didn't read my emails...I just sat & cried all day long.

Saturday I got up & went over to the adoption kennel, that's my therapy...my safe haven...its out of town, yet just over the river.

Jan said I want you to see this black greyhound I have named Dear. She brought him out & I swear he was the spitting image of Bool. I'll post a picture of both of them, but once I got to petting him...it was like Bool's spirit jumped over to Dear. And it helped me so much to deal with Bool's death (cancer). It was as if Bool never left me. In all my days, when I got that call that morning, it was the first time I hit my hand on the wall & asked God Why? Even when Sadie-Grey died, I didn't ask why...but this time I did. I think His answer was So Dear would have a chance.

And Dear is a dear. He makes me laugh, he clowns around, he's never serious. I can fuss at him for walking on my feet & he does that little bow down & jumps around the room. He makes me forget my problems.

I love Benny's face. Those eyes. Keep those memories in your heart...Andy's helping you seal it.

I know your heartache. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest auntiesara

I remember you posting about Benny. The Bool story is wonderful too. Anniversaries and holidays are always very hard. Our lost ones are playing together at the Bridge and waiting for us...

Sara

Guest ProudGreyMom

Thank you for sharing everyone. If I didn't have Jake and Andy I wouldn't survive. Andy is just my little magnet, just like Ben, and he has that silly personality too. he even has a constant infection in his right ear like Benny!

Tracey, I love that camping picture too. Ben loved to camp, it was his favorite thing besides food.

Guest Ferrevergrey

I know exactly how you feel. July is a difficult month for me, it contains the dreadful day when I had to euthanize my beloved heeler, Taz, and my mom brought home Sandy who we lost only a short 7 months later. These 2 boys are the ones that got me into rescue work, and I miss them so much!!!!

So sorry you're feeling so bad at the moment, I bet you have some really good memories.

I too have found that my boy Scully has started doing things that his bridge kid bro' used to do, it's so weird, but kind of comforting too.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Cheryl I am so sorry you are feeling the loss of Benny so hard this week. In my own experience the grief never really leaves, but it does change into something more manageable. Don't fret over getting over it; you don't *have* to get over it. Remember him fondly and be at peace. I'll hold you in my thoughts at this most difficult time.

Nancy

Guest ProudGreyMom
Cheryl I am so sorry you are feeling the loss of Benny so hard this week. In my own experience the grief never really leaves, but it does change into something more manageable. Don't fret over getting over it; you don't *have* to get over it. Remember him fondly and be at peace. I'll hold you in my thoughts at this most difficult time.

Nancy

Thanks Nancy. I think its important to have a time of remembrance. Its helpful and I am sooooo glad to have Greytalk!

Guest lisa73

Cheryl it hardly seems a minute since beautiful Benny left for the Bridge and so hard to believe that its one year tomorrow.

Sending you all my love for what is going to be a difficult day :f_white

Still remembering you with fondness Benny. :)

:grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I remember when you first posted about Benny, Im sorry your heart is hurting this week, it never does seem to get any easier... Give your boys a hug. My thoughts are with you :f_white

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest ProudGreyMom

Thank you everyone. I have been thinking about him all day, just good thoughts. Its like he is sitting here with me. Benny taught me about total, unconditional love from a pet and for a pet. He's my heart boy for sure.

Guest seniorhoundlover

Holding you close in my heart as you remember Benny. Miranda is with him, I am sure of it - they would look so cute together!

Guest ProudGreyMom

I just happened to come across a drawing my step daughter did a few years ago and it was of me, DH, SD, Benny and Fred our kitty. That was before Jake and Andy came to us. The picture she drew of Benny was so cute! :blush

Of course you still miss him and grieve for him. There's no timetable on grief. You don't have to be finished at a certain date. Grief comes and goes. A memory or anniversary can bring it to the surface again when you think you've gotten through the worst of it... Here's a sonnet that I've posted before...

Time does not bring relief; you all have lied

Who told me time would ease me of my pain!

I miss him in the weeping of the rain;

I want him at the shrinking of the tide;

The old snows melt from every mountain-side,

And last year's leaves are smoke in every lane;

But last year's bitter loving must remain

Heaped on my heart, and my old thoughts abide!

There are a hundred places where I fear

To go,--so with his memory they brim!

And entering with relief some quiet place

Where never fell his foot or shone his face

I say, "There is no memory of him here!"

And so stand stricken, so remembering him!

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)