Remember My Stripy Boy

scullysmum

I have just joine this forum and just wanted to remember my lovely boy Mulder who I lost in March to congestive heart failure.

I had owned Mulder and his brother Scully (bit obvious huh!) since they were six week old pups (all squidgy and fat, and not looking at all like greyhounds).

My partner and I went to look at the dogs at local rescue centre having recently lost our collie cross Zoe to cancer. We weren't looking for any particular kind of doggie, old or young we didn't mind, when some silly person said would we like to see some greyhound pups (is that a stupid question or what?) we were taken into a mobile home where a litter of 6 pups were having a ball, my other half instantly fell in love with the only black pup in the litter (he likes black dogs best) before i'd even had chance to meet them all properly, so i just sat down on the floor with my back against the wall to talk to the girl who was caring for them, almost without me noticing a little brindle pup crawled onto my lap and fell fast asleep (all together now AHH), I thought UH OH I've been chosen! so I said to other half would it matter if we had two, he couldn't really say no! and so began the most wonderful adventure of my life, my boys have made my life complete, we have had so much fun together.

In March my stripy boy had a little bit of a cough, which I wasn't too worried about, as he was fine otherwise, but a week or so later I noticed he was breathing really fast although he was asleep. (I already knew about congestive heart failure and that it can cause a cough, which was the main reason we went to the vets) the vet told me not to worry, he just had kennel cough, she gave him some antibiotics to ward of secondary, infection. A week later he was no better and seemed to be struggling a little to get his breath, back to the vet (different one) same diagnosis, more antibiotics, I was just praying that he would soon fight of this infection, having been assured it was not his heart, another week later, no improvement, he had lost 10lbs in weight and was breathing and coughing so badly that he was hardly able to sleep at all, back to the vets,(another different one) this one told me it was definately his heart and that he was in a very bad way (I didn't really need telling that) the vet also said that he was amazed that the previous two vets hadn't picked it up and that he would understand if we wanted him put to sleep ( I think that was his way of gently saying that he was virtually beyond help) we made the sad decision there and then, and my heart broke in two (Iam now sobbing as i write this).

We are still blessed with his brother Scully, who is an old crock! he has epilepsy (kept in check by pheno & K/BR) and a wonky leg ( as well as a wonky brain!

Sorry this was such a long post, but I just needed to share my pain, which has not diminished on little bit, I know from reading the other post on this site that you would understand

Thank you Mel

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest KyGrey

I am so sorry for your loss of Mulder. I know he will be watching over you and letting you know in some way he's not in pain now.

Guest eastcancoast

So sorry for your loss, please share some of your stories with us as I can imagine life was pretty exciting raising two greyhound pups!!

:f_red:grouphug:f_red

Guest TorynUs

Sympathies to you....

we lost our 14 y/o schnauzer to CHF also, so I understand. She watches over us and when the time was right she sent 2 greys into our lives.

hugs...

So very sorry for your loss. Sending you prayers to help you through this trying time. :hope:hope:hope

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I am so sorry. Run free beautiful boy...run with the wind. :(:(:(

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Thankyou all for your kind thoughts, I knew you would understand. I miss Mulder's goofy grinning face, waggy tail and alien bottom (!) every single day, I will post some more about my boys when I'm a little more composed.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest mleg2001
f_yellow It is hard losing one of your family and it must have been even harder knowing the 2 vets had diagnosed Mulder incorrectly. I am looking forward to hearing more about your boys, I know for some of us it helps to talk about the ones we lost as they are still very much a part of our lives even after they are gone. :grouphug

Guest auntiesara

i'm so sorry for the loss of Mulder. Poor Scully must feel lost without his brother. I truly believe we WILL see them again......

Sara

Sully is actually coping much better than me over the loss of his bro'. I think he likes being Top Dog at last! I will post some more about "The Boyz" soon, I'm getting some pic's sorted out.

Guest Annie

I am so very sorry for your loss. :f_red

What a wonderful life Mulder had, I'm really looking forward to your stories!

Run with the wind sweet Mulder, you are a pup again. :angelwings:gh_run:angelwings