Old Movies

Forevermybabies

Last night Michael pulled out the movies from Kanab last year, and since he couldn't find all of them, he put in the movies from when my younger son was born in 1994. We'd had Joe just a few months, and in the movies he is so dark-faced. He was such a quiet dog, but always there. On the couch, curled up with Michael and the new baby, or sitting and watching us put up the Christmas tree. Or standing and watching my toddler touching his little brother's face.

It makes my heart ache so much to see him there. I haven't watched those movies in many many years, and not since he died for sure. It was so weird seeing him there - alive and with us. My kids got a little sad, too.

Seeing Michael just kind of move over so he could get his arm around Joe and Joe tucking his head in next to the baby...

We didn't have a video camera for many years after that time, so there aren't many other videos of the kids OR Joe.

I wish I didn't feel so very sad and it didn't hurt so much. Watching us laughing and talking...Laughing at my little son's silliness. Truly bittersweet.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

We don't have much in the way of movies, either. I keep trying to get some good ones of Jim, but never seem to get the right moment. I have plenty of photos though, of all the dogs.

I know what you mean when you talk about the pain of seeing them after they're gone. It hurts me still to see photos of Susan, especially the later ones when she was so unwell. In time I expect we'll get across that and be able to look at these things with pleasure rather than pain. I hope so.

:f_white:bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest Ferrevergrey

I wish I had any! I've got pictures of all my bridgedogs, but no video of any of them!

(((hugs))) Joe was obviously very well loved Tami! I go through pictures of Taz and Sandy and still find myself bawling my eyes out. They say with time it gets easier, though!

Edited by Animalover44