Rip Katsu Get W

onrushpam

He was known as Getter in the racing kennel and he was there in January 2001, when I first started visiting the track regularly. He was a sweet, red boy. Not particularly memorable, just always calmly there, waiting for his pets.

He had broken in at Hollywood a year earlier, but never rose above D, so they moved him to Naples, where he continued to struggle. But, he held on to the end of the year, when he came to JCKC. He was mostly a "B" dog, though he would hit the board in A from time to time. He was just a good workable dog for his trainer, Tom. His littersister, Katsu Catch Me, joined Getter in Tom's kennel in July 2001.

Towards the middle of 2003, Getter dropped from B to C to D and graded off. Tom said he wasn't sure what was wrong, but he wasn't going to try to bring him back, because he was already four years old. For some reason, Tom decided to send, Catch Me, along at the same time, though she had just dropped from B to C.

Getter and Catch went together to Star City Greyhounds in Roanoke, VA. Sara began to call him Getty and grew very attached very quickly. Unfortunately, it quickly became obvious that Getty was ill. He was diagnosed with Erlichia. His titer was so high, he must have been exposed LONG before he came to JCKC.

I'm not sure of the details, but for some reason. Getty was not treated by Star City's regular vet when he received his Imizol treatment. Shortly after, he became MUCH worse and it was discovered the poor guy had been given a massive overdose (10x) of Imizol!

Getty was given the best of care, including blood transfusions. He fought hard to overcome the damage done to his body, but it was not to be. Getty crossed the Bridge this morning.

My heart goes out to Sara and those who cared for this sweet boy...

Run like the wind, Getty! We'll see you again one day...

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

Poor pupper. :( He was called home and is now free from suffering. May all of those who's hearts were touched by this sweet boy also heal with loving memories of him. Godspeed, sweet Getty. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry. Never easy to lose a friend, and the more so such a young one just starting out in his new life.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:(:( Run free sweet boy...run with the wind to the angels. :(:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest auntiesara

I'm so sorry.I realize how lucky we are that Matt's chronic Ehrlichia was treated in time. He's playong with my Piper ,who couldn't be saved from his Heartworm and kidney failure either. I hope you share my belief that we WILL srr them again....

Sara