Sire: Win Carnis

Dam: Hayride

Dakota (Ping Decoder)

Sire: High Intensity

Dam: Pegasus Decoder

Ashy Boy (Kiowa Kaufman)

Sire: Cee Jay

Dam: Kc Anita

Added note it may be cool to add these as fields to the roll call spreadsheet. Just a thought. Good Job sestone ;)

Guest sestone
I was able to trace part of Jed's back to 1830 something on

http://www.greyhound-data.com/breed.htm

Thanks for the link!  They didn't have Rio but they did have a ton of info on his sire and his dam.  They had a couple of Rio's littermates to so thanks to you I know his actual birthday so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.  I am thinking they must not have him because he was a crummy racer :P

Guest usmcwf83

Hey!  Rosie's "grandpa" was HB Commander, too!  It would be cool to see all the dogs that are related in some kind of thing like the spread sheet on the other info!  Maybe someone already said that, though!

Hallie!  Jed and Chance are related.  Jed's Great Grandfather and Chance's Great Grandmother were litter mates.  I guess that makes them cousins!

Jed's Sire's Sire's Sire was Hondo Monopoly out of Hondo Nutmeg by Rooster Cogburn

Chance's Dam's Dam's Dam was Hondo Checkers out of Hondo Nutmeg by Rooster Cogburn

When I saw a "Hondo" listed as Chance's parents I did a little research... I always wanted to find someone Jed was related to!  :) :)

It's so neat to find relatives of my guys living with some of my friends here at Greytalk.  I guess we really are a big, happy family!!! :lol

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

Angel - AKA Back on the Job: Sire: P's Raising Cain; Dam: Searching Breeze

Festus - AKA Switzler Festus: Sire: Switzler Forces; Dam: Switzler Shy

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

BRUISER (Isa Comander To)

Sire - HB's Commander

Dam - CC Bianca

SANDY (NSK Special Up)

Sire - Sports Special

Dam - Up She Flew*

BUDDY - no idea, was part of an accidental litter.

There sure are a lot of HB's Commander's offspring on here.

We had a total of three fosters so far; two of the three were also of his lineage. :eek

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018

Guest moon880

Sonic is a HB's Commander granddaughter, too. He had thousands of offspring--must've been an amazing dog!  I think he only raced for a short time and then had an injury.  Her parents are Flying Neptune and Flying Snowwhite.

Dixie (Ready This Time) Sire: Daring Commander, Dam: Kenti's Perra

Donner (WigWam Diamond) Sire: WigWam Wag, Dam: Riley"S Marymary

Dancer (Dana's Hilda) Sire: dog Called Hoss, Dam: My Fan Dana.

Dylan (Dillon)  His Parents are Wendy and Kevin Sanderlin.  ;) If anyone has any questions, remember it's a Southern thing! ;)  :P  ;)  ;)  He most notable race has been around the back yard with his pal Dixie.  He can outrun Dixie, but regularly lets her win by a nose.  His fastest time is in the blink of an eye.  He can turn on a dime and leap kingsize waterbeds in a single bound.  His greatest race ended in a tie for being the "Biggest Greyhound" at the greyhound picnic.  (I knew we should have bribed the judge, Jeff;)!)  He steals my heart on a daily basis and is the biggest chicken dog outside of the house.  But we love and charish him and the rest of the wherd everyday.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Quote (Jed's Mom @ Jan. 30 2002,6:26:pm)

Hallie!  Jed and Chance are related.  Jed's Great Grandfather and Chance's Great Grandmother were litter mates.  I guess that makes them cousins!

Jed's Sire's Sire's Sire was Hondo Monopoly out of Hondo Nutmeg by Rooster Cogburn

Chance's Dam's Dam's Dam was Hondo Checkers out of Hondo Nutmeg by Rooster Cogburn

here's Ebony's line Rooster Cogburn was her great grampa

Ebony

Guest TheMackeyPack
River and Scooby are related!!  Scooby's grand sire is HB's Commander too! :)

His grandmother is Jl Trish (I think!)...  I started getting a bit confused at Rosnet! :??

How neat  :)   Hmm.....that would make them cousins I think  :??   I get confused with all that too  :lol

Add Chance and Patrick to HB's Commander long list of decendents.  Chance's great grandsire, Patrick's grandsire!!

Add my Paula to the HB's Commander list, too!  :lol

Paula's daddy was the extraordinarily fruitful Flying Neptune, who's daddy was...  HB's Commander!  So, HB's Commander was Paula grand-sire, on her sire's side!  lots o'half-cousins out there!   :lol

And they are cousins to Mackey too, since Mackey and Scooby are brothers! :)

Pharaohs Dad  -  P's Raising Cain

his Mom    -   High Spirited

pharaoh.jpg

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> LE 62663

</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> RE 126E

</span></span>

Guest 3-greys-and-a-mutt
Sonic is a HB's Commander granddaughter, too. He had thousands of offspring--must've been an amazing dog!  I think he only raced for a short time and then had an injury.  Her parents are Flying Neptune and Flying Snowwhite.

Yippee!  Paula and Sonic are half-sisters!!!!!  (and they are both black and white - how cool!)

Both are daughter to Flying Neptune!!  Actually, I'm surprised there aren't more of his progeny around here - he was an 'active' boy!!!  :blush   He died last year, at 7 1/2, while in foster care.  I think he died of complications from surgery for a testicular problem.  :(

Guest 2GreyGirlies

Hey Greytdawg,

Your Amber, Stacie's Katie, and my Cinnamon are all half sisters!! When was Amber born? Katie was January '98, Cinny was born May'98. Daddy certainly did "Buzz Around"!!!!

Guest 3-greys-and-a-mutt
Ranger (Ripley Ranger)

sire: Greys Statesman

dam: Ripley Fantana

My Buddy is the half-brother to Ranger!!!  Both of them were sired by Grey's Statesman!

Wow!!! This is so much fun!  :eek   So far, I've found many half-cousins, and two half-siblings!!!  Now, if only it was this easy to find littermates!  :sigh  :??

I'm a little bummed out that there haven't been any relatives to my two pups. :(  HOWEVER, Savannah does have a "Hall of Fame" grandsire, Kunte Kinte.  There must be some cousins out there!

Here's a link to the NGA Hall of Fame list, complete with pictures and articles for many of the dogs:  http://nga.jc.net/hflist.htm

HB's Commander was just inducted in 1999 (he died in 1995) for his prolific stud work and winning offspring. He himself was injured early on and stopped racing at age 28 months!

Elizabeth - tell Savannah she has a cousin named Tori (Bahama Lass)!  Kunta Kinte is her great grandsire! (I think - I'm not sure how the terminology goes!)  Tori's sire Trouper Zeke is by Wincarnis out of Nice Catch.  Nice Catch is by Kunta Kinte out of Peaceful Car.

Guest azgreyluver

Barkly(Excalibor Barkly)   sire: Serengeti Chango

dam:Serengeti Bubbles

Lady(Itsa small world)  sire:Motorcade

dam:Busy weekend

HB's Commander was just inducted in 1999 (he died in 1995) for his prolific stud work and winning offspring. He himself was injured early on and stopped racing at age 28 months!

Elizabeth, thanks for posting this.  I've always wondered just how long he raced, etc.

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018

This is such a great idea!

Luka  (Forbes Carla)

Luka's Sire:  Adam Vogue  --  Sire: Sharyn's Vogue

--  Dam: Felicia Rose

Luka's Dam:  Kerrigan       --  Sire: HB's Commander

--  Dam: Tender Handmaid

Luka's Littermates:

Forbes Bandero, Forbes Tanner, Forbes Spike, Forbes Adell

I believe HB's Commander was mentioned by another board member or two ... neat, they have the same granddaddy.

ROSNET had Luka's genealogy going back to 5 generations on her Dam's side.  Only 2 generations on her Sire's side.

Guest pinkymink

Anne-

Frasier and Dolby (Bow Product) are half-brothers!

Dolby's parents are Glengort Jones and Eob Nitewind

Dolby also has two littermates I would like to find:

Bow Price         Male Dk Brindle

Bow Pro One    Fem. Brindle

Both Owned by Neal Blake

Ring a bell to anyone?

Chaz- (Basic Fact), Sire (Knuckles Up), Dam (Clever Whitney).

Littermates- (Win Areba, female), (Zeus Lightning,male),(Scarlet Sage,female),(Ivy Tower,female),(Harlows Way,female)

Quade-(KGB Pawnee), Sire (Bedtime Bear), Dam (Whisper Light).

Littermates-(BI's Andy,male),(BI's whisper Boy,male),(BL's Casper,female) (KGB Choctaw,male),(KGB Cheyenne,male), (KGB Chickasaw,male),(KgB Shanee,male).

This will be great if we can all find out where some relatives are!

I'm a little bummed out that there haven't been any relatives to my two pups. :(  HOWEVER, Savannah does have a "Hall of Fame" grandsire, Kunte Kinte.  There must be some cousins out there!

Here's a link to the NGA Hall of Fame list, complete with pictures and articles for many of the dogs:  http://nga.jc.net/hflist.htm

Elizabeth, Patrick's great-great-great grandsire was Kunte Kinte, so we're officially family!!! :lol

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"