On 12/17/2022 at 8:51 PM, macoduck said:

Keep the muzzles on until this gets sorted out. If your male is showing his teeth because he's upset, don't tell him to "be nice". You want a warnings. Sometimes they are very subtle. Try to figure out what little cue he may have given before it led up to him showing his teeth.  

But, is there any chance he's what we call a "smiler"?

This.

There are stages of warnings that dogs show, which most of us humans have 0 clue about.  Usually there's a stiff body, ears forward, intense eyes stage, followed by the baring of teeth.    Then growling, air snaps and finally physical aggression.  Some dogs skip stages but in general dogs telegraph their intentions very clearly to other dogs.  

If the baring of teeth is as far as it gets, good.  Then then communication is going well.  

I do agree with other posters that muzzles could be a good thing until certain home rules are established.  

Apollo loves the dog park and other breeds.  ( I got lucky there)  But he does not feel comfortable if there are more than a handful of doggos present.  Also he doesn't like to be barked at while he runs.  But barking/running/body blocking is perfectly fine with doggos, although I'd be careful with extended fence running, as sometimes that can lead to frustration which can manifest as aggressiveness.