Eating and drinking issues

My 10 year old Stella,  decided to not really eat or drink anything for almost 4 days last week. It got really hot out, but I kept the ac cranked. We also had multiple days of fireworks. She seemed like she felt ok, but I got really worried and took her to the vet. They looked her over and she is fine, no dehydration,  no weight loss, good overall health. They agreed it was most likely the heat and fireworks. She just wasn't having it. Now its cooler and she seems back on track. Has anyone else's hound done similar? Any ideas on how to get her to drink more when this happens?

Several of my dogs, as they got older, became more sensitive to the heat (even though we have AC) and started to sometimes skip breakfast. I learned to not worry about it as long as they ate later in the day and seemed otherwise healthy. 
Sometimes adding low sodium chicken broth to the water will encourage them to drink, also I have heard of dogs that like ice cubes in their water when it is hot :dunno although none of mine have. You can also add water, broth, tuna can water, goats milk, something like that if they like it to their regular food. That will help keep them hydrated.