Coccidiosis Or Something Else?

Tracker has had loose stool in the afternoon and evening for the last three weeks or so. Morning stools are pretty well formed. A stool test revealed coccidia; before the vet got the results, they started him on metronidazole which seemed to make things runnier in the afternoon/eve. After three days, the results came in and the vet put him on Albon. The stool started firming up some, but not completely. He had the last dose yesterday at 5pm, and 24 hours later, his stool is back to runny. I'm at a loss. The vet suggested an abdominal ultrasound, which seems to make sense. But I just don't understand why he wouldn't respond to the drug appropriate for his parasite--it would seem strange that there's something else going on at the exact same time, but who knows. Has anyone had a similar experience with Albon or some other drug not helping with a parasite?

Officially 5 days, so 5 times at 7ml, and there was some left in the bottle which amounted to another 5ml on the 6th day. Maybe this was too short?

As of today, for the first time, his morning stools were as runny as the afternoon ones. I'm quite worried.

Officially 5 days, so 5 times at 7ml, and there was some left in the bottle which amounted to another 5ml on the 6th day. Maybe this was too short?

As of today, for the first time, his morning stools were as runny as the afternoon ones. I'm quite worried.

I’m familiar with a 10 day course. Albon isn’t an anti-parasitic (it’s an antibiotic) but, will support the bowel.