Nutriscan?

Have you looked at the Hemopet website? I know they offer Nutriscan. I have never made an appointment with them...I just know they offer it...I am sure that doesn't help in answering your question. Their office is close to me in Socal, but I haven't felt the need to use their Nutriscan services. Yes, I thought it was extremely pricey...but I don't know how exact it is.

I came across that very dermatologist yesterday, from Nutriscan's website:

One veterinary dermatologist performed a double-blinded study at no charge, but then revealed afterwards that the samples included human saliva, street water, and vodka along with some healthy and suspected food intolerant dog salivas. These non-saliva samples interfered with the pH of the 47-sample immunoassay plate as well as results for the other clinical client samples on the plate. This colleague, without our knowledge, then stated that Nutriscan testing did not work and apparently also informed the other members of the veterinary dermatology board (ACVD). Once we explained how this trial of “fake” saliva ruined the assay results, this fact was acknowledged but apparently has never been explained to other ACVD members, clinical veterinarians and clients interested in this testing.

That's from this page: http://www.hemopet.org/hemolife/dog-and-cat-nutriscan/results.html

Of course, all of this could have been made up. I'm not at all wed to Nutriscan, but the alternative to find out about food sensitivities seems incredibly SLOW (several months) and not necessarily all that cheap either, depending. So a simple 2 minute rope-chew-test sounds very tempting.

It doesn't seem anyone has ever done the test? With good or bad results?

Not sure if we are referring to the same Dr-Ive spoken to Dr Karen Helton-Rhodes. Now retired from her specialty practice. Currently running her new company....

http://www.healthyskin4dogs.com/overview/

Maybe this will help? From the site...

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/54bd97f9e4b055fba262bef3/t/54caa36be4b0760ae199dbe7/1422566251136/food+allergy.pdf

Edited by tbhounds

Run far, far away. Widely panned by everyone except the maker.

Without knowing anything about allergy testing, just think about what that quote basically said -- would you trust the "quality" of a process where one sample affects results for another, unrelated sample? Um …

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.