Recipe For Food Rolls ?

We are traveling for a week in our RV, and both our dogs decided to go on a hunger strike. Ruby was so anxiety riddled, and Jesse (our poodle mutt) is a very picky eater normally anyway.

Yesterday, Day 3, we decided we better pull out all the stops and figure out what they would eat. Ruby had eaten nothing, Jesse about 6 pieces of kibble. We went to Petco and bought some canned food we knew Ruby likes, and bought Freshpet puppy roll for Jesse. 2 meals later, both pups are full and happy. Jesse LOVES the Freshpet and Ruby ate her canned food. Now I would like to know if anyone has an idea about how I can make homemade roll for them both ? It has the texture of a hotdog. I have made summer sausage with burger before, but it is crispy on the outside. Any ideas of what to use to make these ? They are both on doggie vitamins, so not worried about 100% nutrition, as it seems more important that they eat. Thanks for any ideas

Karen

I tried to edit the above, but couldn't figure it out. I have been thinking about making dog food for both our girls, and our vet is against raw food for Jesse, as she did not grow well, although they can't find anything wrong.

I know Ruby would love home cooked meals, as she is getting so very picky. A lot of weeks I get desperate and make her a chicken breast just so I know she ate something that week. The canned food she likes will only last a few days and then she will reject it.

Karen

When we would take our greys on vacation, my little blue girl would NOT eat. One night we went out for dinner with friends and my friend sent her sweet potato with us to see if Berry would eat that. Well, put it this way, from that point on, every time we went on vacation we had to bring sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon (because heaven forbid she got PLAIN sweet potato!) with us to microwave and put in her food! She would just dive into it. Just a thought on what worked for us.

Aljo Atomic Kogo and DC Man of Steal

When we would take our greys on vacation, my little blue girl would NOT eat. One night we went out for dinner with friends and my friend sent her sweet potato with us to see if Berry would eat that. Well, put it this way, from that point on, every time we went on vacation we had to bring sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon (because heaven forbid she got PLAIN sweet potato!) with us to microwave and put in her food! She would just dive into it. Just a thought on what worked for us.

Good idea, will try this if they stop the food we bought. Much easier than dealing with canned food.

Karen