Heart Guard Vs. Sentinel

Hi All,

We need to purchase heart worm preventative. We just finished using Heart Guard and have been told by various sources that Sentinel is better for Greys especially if they are prone to hook worm. Stanley is currently hook worm free but it took us a year to get him that way so I would like to use whatever is best for prevention of both heartworm and hook/whip/round worms.

Let me know. Also any tips on where to buy it the cheapest?

Sentinel covers a larger spectrum of intestinal parasites, and is extremely safe. It is not as palatable as HeartGard, and so Mimi tends to prefer the tablet covered in peanut butter. It also has to be administered with a meal. It is currently sold by veterinarians in multiple doses with a rebate from the pharmaceutical company. Hope this helps.

When my new boy Octane arrived he was on Interceptor. Interceptor Plus says it helps prevent roundworms, HOOKWORMS, Whipworms, AND tapeworms in addition to Heartworms. It comes in big chewy pieces he loves and gobbles down. I used to use the "old" Interceptor and I believe it to be safe. Never had any issues. I plan to switch my other dog to Interceptor for her next Rx. I want to prevent as many different worms as I can hehe.