Looking For A Trainer In South Central Pa

I am looking for a dog trainer to train me, help me build my dog's confidence, and to experience new and group situations.

I'm located in Lancaster county.

I tried searching the CCPDT website but got overwhelmed and really would like a recommendation/reference by someone. I'm willing to travel up to two hours one way, but would prefer someone closer to an hour away so we could go more often.

I'm a newbie with positive reinforcement and book reading can only do so much.

Sarah with P Kay Ruger "Rogue"

gc2Re0q.jpg?2

I will ask on my trainer listserv. What city are you in? And are you looking for group classes or private training?

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

• 2 weeks later...

Oh shoot, I missed your response. Will ask now.

ETA: In the meantime, PPG is probably a better resource for finding a truly force free trainer. They have a *thorough* vetting process, you can't just sign up and you can't use any positive punishment.

Edited by NeylasMom

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Kathy Walker-Graves

She said you can call or text this number:(717) 250-1581

I can't say anything one way or the other about her - she is on my Pat Miller listserve and offered up her info. I don't see her on the PMCT list so she may have only taken an academy or two with Pat, but that still gives a really solid foundation and I have no idea what other education she has. So there you go, with all if my disclaimers. :P