Copper Sulfate?

tiffwee

And copper proteinate.... ive read horror stories about these ingredients but they seem to be in all dog foods. Anybody have issues with too much copper in their dog? Im looking to switch dog foods because Ray has had runny poo for a while.

From what I have been told, it hasn't been determined how much copper is too much copper for a dog. That being said, there is (I believe - not a fact that I know for sure) a minimal chance a greyhound could have an issue with its liver where it cannot process copper. That has to be determined by a biopsy. I only know one greyhound personally that suffers from this ailment and it is called copper storage disease. And the greyhound that I know personally just came into the office to tell me it is time for her pill. Miriam was on penicillamine for 9 months and zinc for another 3 months. She needs to have filtered water if the plumbing is copper and we have her on a homemade low copper diet.

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Tiffany, the copper contents are usually on the manufacturer’s website or you can call or email the manufacturer for that info. The best way to get accurate copper information is to contact the specific companies. Just be clear about which formula of food because copper contents vary between formulas even in the same brand.

Edited by Annette

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)