Lost Patella Reflex

Some days ago I saw that Andy scraped the nails on his back feet on the street during walkies. I took him to his physiotherapist because I thought it had something to so with his hips - sacroiliac joints blockade, I thought. But she discovered that he has no reflexes in both patellas - has to be spine related. We don't think it is a real prolapse because he can do potty just fine.

So we try physiotherapy, holistic medicine and some light dose of anti-inflammation painkiller. In the evening he walked much better, could even do the stairs to sleep in our bedroom all by himself (I always thought he needed help with the stairs because he slipped on them some time ago).

Has someone experienced something like this with their grey?

Edited by smurfette

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Sounds a bit like Lumbosacral Stenosis. Has he had spinal xrays done?

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

No. Our vet gave us the anti-inflammation painkillers and said we should try them for 3 weeks and after that lower the dose. I have an appointment with Paddy next week and will ask her about lumbosacral stenosis and x-rays for I have never experienced something like this before.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).