Bad Breath Success

I just wanted to share that we seem to have finally found a way to manage Marvin's bad breath: Virbac C.E.T. chews!

Marvin had a regular dental in August 2016, and his teeth and gums are in great shape, minus the row of little bottom teeth in the front, which are all broken. They don't cause him any pain directly, but I can't brush them. The vet did not want to remove them, as they aren't broken below the gumline and have never cause any infections. They do, however, contribute to some killer stink face, even with almost daily brushing. Since his dental, he loves to chew for a few minutes a day on his nylabones again, so we picked up a bag of the Virbac C.E.T. large chews (not the hex or veggie variety) from our vet. We are giving him one every other evening, and after just 3 chews, his bad breath is gone. I'm about to be confined in a car with his handsome face for 26 hours of driving to move to Colorado in a few weeks, so we are perhaps a bit more excited about this than we should be.

Has anyone had any negative experiences with giving these chews periodically?

Other than a bit of D with some chews, I'd say for the most part they are helpful. I tend to stick with smoked knuckles and a shot of colloidal silver in with his meals to keep bad breath at bay though.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Sheba is a couple months over 9 years old and has been getting the Virbac C.E.T. Hextra large dental chews every morning after her breakfast. She has pretty good teeth and gums and gets a dental every other year. So far, all is well. When the Hextra chews were unavailable, I gave Sheba the regular C.E.T. chews, but she doesn't like those as much. No ill effects here, not even diarrhea.