Anyone Ever Tried These Paw Pads?

If they stayed on for more than 5 minutes I would be stunned!

Seem like a great idea, but anything that would really stay one would hurt the skin when you tried to remove them--that's just my 2 cents. I have not tried them. But I did have my cat's nails professionally covered with claw caps once. They were glued on. Cost me $45 to have them applied. Took her 10 minutes to get them all off!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I prefer toe grips: https://www.toegrips.com/

I use them sometimes on my senior. You slide them onto the nails and they do seem to help, at least with my boy. They do lose them over time, but I frequently will find them if they come off in the house and just reuse them. You're also supposed to check them to make sure they don't slide backwards and constrict the nail bed, though I haven't personally found that to be an issue.

One thing I learned though is that you usually need different sizes for the front and back nails. My boy is one size smaller on his back feet. So he wears purple on the front and green on the back.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Yeah, I was wondering about how long they'd stay on as well as any damage they might do to the pad. Wonder also if, once they fall off, there is a bunch of sticky residue left that'll just pick up dirt, grass, etc. Generally he's okay a home, but he clenches his feet in new situations (e.g., the non-carpeted floor at the vet) and it tends to make him slip, which tends to make him clench more, etc., etc., ad nauseam.