Sound Desensitisation

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with sound/noise desensitisation.

My mum has a greyhound and she's always been upset around firework season but now the farm has become a venue for pheasant shoots which happen 2-3 times per week during the winter season, then as soon as that finished the farmer has a few weeks of using a bird-scarer.

She's absolutely fine when she's in the house but hates going outside at the moment, I know there's the prescribed meds option, my worry is just that it's over a long period, then there's the non-prescription stuff like zylkene which we're currently giving a go.

But I've also seen, in my local vet's surgery, cds you can buy that claim pretty good results - I just wondered if anyone had any experience of these? If so, I would appreciate any specific recommendations of particular products (I'm in the UK).

It's not a problem I've had to deal with thank goodness, but I belong to the Dogs Trust and see that they offer some free downloads - advice and also recorded sound files you can use to help with desensitisation:

https://www.dogstrust.org.uk/help-advice/dog-behaviour-health/sound-therapy-for-pets

If there's nothing that fits the bill I think other charities eg RSPCA, PDSA probably have similar offerings - it's such a widespread problem these days.

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.