8 Teeth Removed

sonya

Fifteen days ago my 8 year old brindle had teeth removed. He still has a lot of what looks like nylon thread in his mouth and I know it bothers him. I was concerned a week ago and had another vet look at him and she said he was fine. Now 15 days later he is still rubbing his muzzle on the floor. This was a new vet for him and now I wish I had not changed. Of course it takes him longer to eat and I wet his kibble......only soft food from now on. I have an appointment at 2 PM today with another vet at the same office. I have no confidence in the one who did his surgery. Any opinions? Thank you

Agreed with the above. Some take longer to dissolve depending on the degree of the the extraction, but they are there to hold everything together. 2 weeks is a bit long, but likely they will fall out any day now. Likely the vet you are going to see today might just gently tug them out, or will ensure there isn't an infection and will let it be. Soft food is a good call.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015