Back Again- Adopting In Spring 2017

Guest sorenkkg

Guest sorenkkg

Hi!

We had 2 amazing greys Aleeya and Haka, who passed in 2013 and 2014, and we are finally emotionally ready to adopt again. :)

We now live in Grimsby ON, bigger house and view of the lake.

I just reached out to our adoption group to say, yep, let's plan for March (?).

We'd like to do 2 at once-- is that crazy? We think it would be good for the dogs?

Meanwhile, we need a fence along our back wall and a runner on the wood stairs.

Any other advice for getting back in the swing of things is appreciated!

:) Soren

We adopted 2, but adopted them about 1 month apart. Some people believe it's easier to train both at the same time, however, with our 2, one is easier to train than the other. :rolleyes: However, we love them both the same amount and I don't think adopting a month apart made a big difference in our case.

If I was going to adopt 2 again, I would do it together so they can learn together. This link may help refresh your memory because it has a lot of good info.

http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/misc/on_the_farm/socialization_of_pups.shtml

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross