Worms

Guest xengab

So my big boy vomited yesterday morning, looked like a hairball with worms in it. YUCK!

Appointment for the vet has been made and soonest we can get is Wednesday.

Only symptom we've seen is slightly loose stools and hungier then normal.

He was tested and said worm free when we got him 3 months ago.

He is on trifexis, will that cause any problems with giving whatever meds (panacur?) for the worms? What alternatives can be given?

I know its going to be many treatments every 2 weeks to get rid of these worms.

I knew the trifexis would not stop him getting worms and is just for fleas and heart worm.

Could having worms stop the ability for rimidyl to work? He has a swollen toe and it hasnt gone down in 3 weeks. (just figure it cant hurt to ask).

I don't have a clue about the meds but I give a teaspoon full of grated coconut with every meal and we never had worm problems. The sharp edges of the coconut penetrate the eventual worms' outer shell with the effect that they can't multiply.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

He is outside when he poops and plays (we have a dog door). I saw the worms and took a photo of them, then bagged them for the vet visit :)

He vomited in the morning after being inside sleeping for 8 hours. That was our sunday wake up call.