Dermoscent Bio Balm

Dermoscent Bio Balm Skin Repairing Care for Dogs - 50 ml. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0035MPSQ6/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_.WY5vb9AAYVVT

Anyone a fan? Seems to have positive reviews. I'm looking for something to soften Zuri's paw pads, which are very rough and hard in places from the way he walks from his LS. I had good success with Neyla with Kerasolv, but it seems they don't manufacture that any more and this came up as an alternative.

Someone else recommended coconut oil, but we already have issues with Zuri licking and it sounds like the Bio Balm might discourage that.

It's worth a shot I think, but I figured I'd see if anyone had any experience with it or liked another product better. Thanks!

ETA: Or maybe this Snout Soother:

http://www.amazon.com/SNOUT-SOOTHER-Natural-Dog-Company/product-reviews/B00IEDA5S2/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_3?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=helpful&reviewerType=all_reviews&filterByStar=all_stars&pageNumber=3

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

We carry it at work. I haven't sent it home much yet, but when I need more paw balm for my own dogs I'm going to try it. That won't be for awhile though as I just bought a new wax this summer.

ETA: I'm a big fan of a lot of their other products though, if that helps you at all.

Edited by krissy

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

We tried it on Elliott's corn and had to use a toddler sock after applying it because he would lick it off. Used it consistently a couple times a day for several weeks, but saw no change in the corn, although it did soften his paw pad, and it smells nice. It isn't thick or waxy like other balms we've tried - sinks right in. The jar is pretty small.

Edited by TINMANPDX

Theresa (Tess)

Mom to Elliott (Sol Flasher) and Lea (PTL Lea)

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to try the Snout Soother because the more recent reviews of the Bio Balm complained about a change in formula and the reviews of the Snout Soother are better overall, but if I don't like the SS I will try the Bio Balm next. I'll report back.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."