How Long Did It Take Your Greyhound To Bond With You?

Guest KEW

Guest Gus4Us

I just adopted my boy a couple of days ago. The foster said that he was extremely needy of affection and would ask for loving constantly. Now that he's home with me, all he does is sleep. He'll stay awake long enough to eat a treat or follow me into the kitchen when he thinks it's time for a meal. He never "asks" for attention.

He was fostered with quite a few other greys and cats. I"m wondering, now that he's an only dog, if he feels like he doesn't need to compete for attention, so he's satisfied just sleeping. Curious?

Anyone experience this with a new adoption?

Thanks,

Lisa

He has no idea who you are. Give him a little bit of time and he will blossom in a new dog in a matter of days/weeks. I read on here that greys in their new house changes at 3 days, 3 weeks and 3 months and we have found that to be very accurate. Don't worry, let him be, he will pick up his new routine quickly.

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Guest Gus4Us

He has no idea who you are. Give him a little bit of time and he will blossom in a new dog in a matter of days/weeks. I read on here that greys in their new house changes at 3 days, 3 weeks and 3 months and we have found that to be very accurate. Don't worry, let him be, he will pick up his new routine quickly.

Thanks locket! I'll try to be more patient. I'm just so eager for him to love me.

Guest Memphsmom

I'd say it took about 2 years to feel like Memphis was really bonded with me, he still is not really a Velcro dog, but the love in his eyes when he leans into me is unmistakable. Up until then he just lived here, and that was fine with him.

Guest mmmberry

We got our male greyhound in December 2010. He didn't bond with me until after we got our female greyhound in August 2012. It was like a lightbulb went off in his head ... hey, wait a minute, she's sucking up to the humans!! I can do that too?! There are treats involved?!

That great! Each day you will see more of his personality come out!

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....