Warmer Weather

Guest kar

Well walked snow a little earlier today, it was a little warmer, and she layed down before we got home. guess she is getting older. She did that last year too. Does anyone else's hounds do that, she is eight.

Yes, my 5 yo brindle does that as soon as it gets into the 70s, and especially if it is sunny. Tends to make me late for work in the morning since he will lay down in the grass and refuse to move for 5 to 10 min.

I reduce the walk to just a few minutes in the summer, try to go for a longer walk at night.

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

Guest Johberry

Our boy loves the sun as well. We live in an apartment complex that has a lovely bike path with grass on both sides of the concrete path. Sometimes he'll randomly lay down in the grass and if there long enough, will close his eyes and attempt to nap. When we visit my parents and he's let out in their backyard, he'll lay on the concrete after he's done his business. It's hilarious because he'll be panting like mad and I have to coax him to get up and go back inside to cool down.

Edited by Johberry

Brady is 10 this year and he started with his "yard flops" last year. I have a fenced back yard but after years of living without a yard he still likes to walk at least once a day. I carry a bottle of water and collapsible bowl with me.

He rarely lays in his own front yard but find a shady tree lush grass near the road and down he goes. Some neighbors don't like so we try to avoid those yards. I always try to wait him out but if we are on a schedule I get him up and moving ...

He has his favorite spots and those neighbors don't seem to mind.

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Yes, my 5 yo brindle does that as soon as it gets into the 70s, and especially if it is sunny. Tends to make me late for work in the morning since he will lay down in the grass and refuse to move for 5 to 10 min.

I reduce the walk to just a few minutes in the summer, try to go for a longer walk at night.

This is Sweep exactly. She's also 5. I have to rush her on a short leash through our front yard or she'll plop down and we'll never get our walk started. :lol

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart