Crate Issues

Since Conrad came home he has slept {well at night} in his crate. lately he has whined after being put to bed. It was the worst if he did NOT get to lay in my bedroom for a time.

It has gotten worse to the point, last night he complained pretty much all night.

My DW is afraid to allow him to sleep in the bedroom with me and cat #2 because Conrad does have a startle reflex if we wake him from a sound sleep.

For various reasons, I am on a c-pap machine, and I use the headboard when I get up to pee etc. banging her in the head so...she sleeps in the back bedroom with cat #1 who is given the whole house to roam at night. { cat #1 Amelie and cat #2 Button do NOT get along}

I do not know if Amelie is bugging him, but she does wander some at night.

Anybody have this type of issue, and a solution?

My answer is let him sleep in my room on the floor. Button sleeps on the bed with me. I would have him on the bed WITH me but the guy just won't jump

Just let him sleep in the bedroom with you. These guys typically don't like being isolated at night. If you need to, use an x-pen to keep everyone else safe. Or move the crate to the bedroom, or get a second crate.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I like the idea of moving the crate, and when my DW is not looking leave the door open for him :neener

My DW is afraid sleeping outside the crate will make him not go into the crate when we leave the house for awhile, like church

If you want to continue to crate him when you leave, then you should crate for at least a couple of hours a day while you are home and hanging in the room with him so he doesn't associate the crate with you leaving. Also, give him something yummy to work on while he's in there. And feed his meals in there. If you do all of that, then leaving him uncrated at night won't be a problem.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."