Groomer Familiar With Greyhounds

Guest kar

If you've already put Frontline on your girl, don't put another product with pesticide on her. And I'd avoid flea products available in most grooming salons: they're often equivalent to the dubious, inexpensive treatments on the store shelves.

I noted in your other thread: try Capstar. It'll be available from a vet or from pet stores (PetSmart used to carry it.) It's a pill that kills or repels fleas on your dog in the first 30-45 minutes and continues to work for several hours. That will take care of fleas that are on her. (Take her for a long walk, so the fleas aren't hopping off in your house.)

Afterwards, you'll be able to comb dead fleas out of her coat. But you'll probably need to treat your home as well.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Comfortis is great, but be sure to read the instructions! It has to be given with food. Some greyhounds have had reactions to it, but it is very effective if you use it correctly.

Be sure to wash all dog bedding, furniture covers, etc in hot water after bombing your house.

I had a terrible flea problem on Sheba and in the house after moving out for 2 months last fall for a remodel effort. Between getting fleas at the rental and perhaps bringing them out at my house because of being gone and all the worker activity, despite using K9 Advantix religiously, I had greyt success switching to Comfortis and bombing the house with Hot Shot Bedbug & Flea Fogger with Nylar (got my 3-packs from Home Depot). One can for each room and bomb again after 10 days to 2 weeks. Follow the instructions. Have to be gone for 2 hours and ventilate the house upon return, but well worth it. No flea problems since then and still using Comfortis vs. K9 Advantix.