Hello From Washington! Kind Of New.. Ish

Guest OhCatastrophe

Guest OhCatastrophe

SO I started on this forum a couple months ago when I became very serious about adopting a Grey!

People always told me that if I want to get info about something, find a forum! And thankfully this one is amazing and SO helpful.

Well anyways, My name is Shelby. I absolutely love animals and helping them..

I volunteer at my local shelter and am one of those people who can't help but pick up dogs that are running around town..

I have had a few pets over the years.. as a kid I always had hamsters and at some points some weird critters like snails, frogs, and chinchillas..

Not to long after my 10th birthday me and my mom went down to the shelter, the one I now volunteer at, to look at some dogs.

The moment I walked in I saw her, Roxy. She was a small chihuahua/corgi/terrier/ i don't know what, mix. we promptly adopted her.

From that day on she was my best friend. I trained her to do a multitude of tricks and she was the most wonderful loving dog.

Unfortunately Roxy got congested heart failure. It is able to be treated but not as a permanent fix.. more of a life lengthener.. She had to take 3 different pills twice a day.

A couple months ago it caught up with her and we had to put her down. She was suffering and the vet said she wouldn't make it through the night.

It was very obvious that his was true. Roxy was frantic.

Even before she passed I had been looking into greyhounds. I watched a vlogbrothers video on youtube and Hank Green had just adopted a grey and said what wonderful dogs they were...

after that my research started. I went through the process and now have a wonderful fawn girl Cleo... Its only been 4 days and I love her so much!

If anyone is in the central Washington area I would love to meet up and have a play date! I cannot adopt more than one at this moment so friends for her will be important!

Also thank you EVERYONE who has responded to my many posts! The info you have given me has helped more than you can imagine!

Edited by OhCatastrophe

Welcome officially (now that you are owned by a greyhound)! Cleo's a beauty! Feel free to post lots of photos.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome to you and pretty Cleo! I'm in the Seattle area and just brought home a new grey a couple of weeks ago!

Lisa

Dog mama to angel-boy Ewan (racing name Atascocita Ewan), 3/26/10 to 8/23/20, and angel-girl Asta (racing name Pazzo Asta), 6/16/01 to 9/7/13.

• 2 weeks later...