Truman... Super Frustrating, Embarrassing Behavior

Agree 100%. Never met a blue who wasn't a little bit crazy.

Kili is a white and blue brindle and she's not crazy. Well, I guess she is... but not in the way most people mean when they say that blues are crazy.

Unfortunately there are greyhound breeders that are breeding for only one thing, and for show breeders that is often conformation. It's a problem that actually gets discussed within the show world as there are people out there (thank god) who believe that the breed is headed for something of a disaster. They find fault with the fact that the breed has changed quite a bit over the years and, more importantly, that we need to breed for function first and foremost. That means lure coursing on top of conformation. Most of the best breeders these days are breeding for dual performance in both show ring and on the field. And hopefully also temperament.

I was really nervous when I went to pick up Kili. I was 100% commited but also not 100% commited, if that makes sense. I was going there to pick my dog, i had my cheque and fully intended to leave with my pup. That said, if I had any reservations I was ready to pull the plug and walk out of there without a puppy. The enormous amount of relief I felt when I was greeted at the door by a pack of happy, excited, friendly adult greyhounds... I don't think I could even describe. I met the mothers of both litters. I met grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews. The only one I couldn't meet was the father since he was owned by someone else and lived in the States. But having conversed with my breeder by e-mail for several weeks prior and meeting all of her own dogs, I felt confident that she would only have chosen the father if he met her criteria.

In addition to breeding beautiful dogs, she breeds functional dogs (her dogs perform well on the field as well), and she breeds NICE dogs. The icing on the cake is that she also participates in agility, obedience, nosework, and weight pull. :) I feel really fortunate that I found her. I had never looked for a breeder before and she honestly kind of fell into my lap. I did my homework to decide if she was a good breeder for us, but still, I feel really lucky. I highly recommend her dogs for anyone looking for a CKC bred dog. I'm already on a puppy list again. When I found out she was breeding Blueberry... I pretty much said "I'm in!".

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic