Protein Levels

Guest Alisongreylover

Guest Alisongreylover

Hi i have just swapped my Earls food over from the kennel dry kibble called GAIN to Costco Kirkland premium adult dog kibble, he already has much more energy and his coat has improved. i was told today that he should not eat food that is higher than 20% protein, Kirkland food contains 26% protein, can anyone advise me please.

Guest sireltonsmom

My Mindy has a high protein count in her urine we are having checked out. I told my vet I wanted to change her from senior to reg. Food. I get purina one. It's got 26% protein and she said that's ok.

I would think that 26% is fine unless your dog has a specific health condition. A lot of foods are higher than that.

:nod

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Most grain-free foods are high in protein and greyhounds thrive on good amounts of protein :nod

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--