Progress With My Tiger Doggie

Guest rarmstrong

Guest rarmstrong

Hello all! I posted about 3 weeks ago about my frustration and fear of Willis' behavior towards my boyfriends dog Sophia. I was beginning to fear Willis' had bigger underlying issues, and after an encounter where she was unleashed, rushed Willis (to explain-I went over to his house to play in his yard and leave. I thought she was in her bedroom, since my boyfriend was planning to leave with us. I went to go into the house to check on my boyfriend, when Sophia rushed out of the door straight into us) and he nipped her muzzle. She kept coming after that. She is just beyond clueless.

Willis has been attending daycare 1-2 times a week where they employ positive reinforcement, control each introduction, and closely monitor their interactions. They told me that he has friends, independently greets other dogs, follows a particular dog around and even initiated play last week!!!

He's such a good dog, and I'm so proud of him. He's really been coming out of his shell, and I'm excited for the future. I've learned so much in such a short time, and am trying my best to utilize it day to day.

Edited by rarmstrong

Guest rarmstrong

That is great news! Now, if you can just get your BF to do some socialization/obedience training with his dog...

RIGHT

That's my next project. He is quite wonderful, but is sensitive when it comes to his dog. Which I totally understand, but still..... haha