Sentinel Sprectrum, Do You Use It Or What Do You Know About It

Hi

I use to give my dogs Interceptr. When they stopped making that I switched to Sentinel. Yesterday I went to the vet to pickup some Sentinel & they gave me Sentinel Spectrum. Sprectrum says it prevents heartworm, prevents & controls flea populations & treats & controls tapeworm, whipworm,roundworm,hookworm. underneath the Sentinel in paranthesis it shows milbemycin+lufenuron Underneath Sentinel spectrum it shows milbemycin+lufenuron+praziquantel

Daphne doesnt have worms so I dont see why she should take a medicine that treats for them.

I just dont know if I should give her the Spectrum or not.

My questions are 1) what if anything you have heard about Sentinel Sprectrum

2) what do you give your dog for Heartworm

Thanks

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I don't know about Spectrum, but if you've given Daphne Interceptor or Sentinel, you've given her a worm preventative. Both of those heartworm preventatives work against multiple parasites.

My guys get a topical, Advantage Multi:

Advantage Multi for Dogs and Cats is a once a month topical application that contains a combination of the insecticide (imidacloprid) and the parasiticide (moxidectin). Advantage Multi for Dogs is used for the prevention of heartworm and the treatment and control of flea infestations, hookworms, roundworms and whipworms.

Advantage Multi doesn't do anything about ticks. If ticks become a problem, I'll have to look into something else. But I needed a topical because at least one of mine is prone to diarrhea after oral heartworm meds. Advantage Multi is really, really smelly for the first 24 hours; by 36 hours, the smell and most of the oiliness is gone.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest AngelPup

I switched from Heartguard Plus to Iverheart Plus because it's less expensive. It has the same exact active ingredients of Heartguard Plus but also treats and prevents tapeworm.