Help

Guest kar

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad he's improving. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Scotch seemed as if he was going to vomit tonight but did not I still have him on omeprazole. My question is before this even happened he had horrible bad breath - now his breath is normal maybe I am just being overly concerned but am wondering if he could have stomach cancer. But this would show on an xray and ultrasound would it not?

It's like the gift that keeps on giving isn't it? :whiteflag

My guys do vomit from time to time, either because they've eaten too much or eaten too little. Bile + some digested food, if it isn't much, in the morning, means they're hungry and that I've slept in too late. I also found that Hermon was vomiting every morning with kibble and bile because he was eating a lot of kibble, which was more than he could comfortably digest, but that it wasn't actually giving him enough calories to maintain his weight, so we switched to half kibble and half raw which has solved the problem.

anyone find they do this because of stomach cancer would an ultrasound and xray show this

im also concerned because he always had bad breath and no after being on omeprazole that is gone

wish vet knew more

My labrador did exactly the same sort of vomiting on and off over a year or so and the vet also had problems diagnosing (thought a food allergy so we tried many different types of novel protein etc). His first ultrasound showed nothing too much (bit of extra fluid and delayed gastric emptying). Bloods and urine were all fine.

Fast forward almost a year and another ultrasound showed up hemangiosarcoma in his spleen and liver. It had also spread to his heart and lungs by then. So, yes, cancer can be one possibility but vomiting can result from so many things that I wouldn't rush to that conclusion just yet. We don't even really know if the initial vomiting was an early sign of the cancer or something unrelated. Unfortunately, hemangiosarcoma spreads very quickly so even regular ultrasounds and blood tests might not pick it up in time. I really hope that's not what you're dealing with.

e6dae763-b4ee-48f6-b363-59d270c94dc9_zps

I just have a very bad feeling about this - I cant explain it - I had a bad feeling with the grey that I had that had spinal nerve cancer and I was right - and now that he also hurt his leg I am really beside myself - I don't want to see him suffer - maybe evet tonight

Probably the worst thing about greyhoud ownership, barring the ACTUAL worst, at least for me, is the fact that every little thing gives me a very bad feeling. My vet has acknowledged that some visits have indeed been for me, so that I would stop worrying. That is valid. As long as the dog is checked out thoroughly, and nothing is found, the visit is well worth it. That is one of the purposes of visits, to rule things out. Try not to panic before you need to do so. Let us know what the vet says.