One Tiny Drop Of Blood From His Nose

mychip1

Hi All,

When JJ woke up from his nap, his normal nose drip had a slight bloody tint. It was still more watery than blood, and it was just one drop. With the horses, we usually see this after a big sneeze, and don't worry too much. JJ has had low platelets before, but his gums look fine and it was only one drop.

I have had the wood stove burning in the house for three days straight - and I can smell that wood burning smell throughout the house - so I'm sure, despite having the steam pot on top, the house is a bit dry.

Do you all think that it could be from the dryness? Dustin has had a few sleepers in his eyes - and I've attributed that to the dryness as well.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest grey_dreams

Could be a mix of the dry air, the extreme cold temperatures outside, and the smoke. Still, would keep an eye on him, and if it happened again or got worse, might think about a vet visit.

No bruising. No, I don't use any of that.

His gums are pink and healthy. No red pin prick look.

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

White on the sclera.

The complexity of a CBC with him is a false low. He has platelets that clot very rapidly....so machine counts aren't accurate.....I have a vet who does just his blood work for me with hand counts...

He seems ok....and the house smells a lot less smokey right now....I filled the steam pot way up on the fireplace.

Maybe....he is a bouncy bundle of joy!