Dfw Area - Anyone Do Greyhound Boarding In Their Home?

Guest cindym

Guest cindym

I'm not sure protocol on this, but thought I would see if anyone knows of someone that does greyhound boarding in their home in the DFW area? I have a wonderful lady who keeps my girl when I travel, but she is unavailable for an upcoming weekend so I thought I would see if anyone has contacts or referrals. My girl does not do well with boarding in a commercial dog boarding place, but she is great with all other greys in a private home setting.

Thank you for any referrals or ideas.

Cindy

I have done quite a bit of boarding in my home. I have a 14 year old poodle and a 5 year old terrier in addition to my 2 year old grey. My guys are all males. I do have a dog door and that might be an issue for some people. I am home 99% of the time to supervise, I live near 635 and Garland Road. I worked at a dog daycare for several years and most greys did not do well in boarding situations. My e mail is houndkeeper at SBCglobal.net.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Hubcitypam - do you have an opinion as to why so many greys not do well in a daycare or boarding situation? I hear it a lot here on GT and some of our grey-owning friends prefer a pet sitter to boarding, but our two greys have not had any issues going to a boarding kennel. Maybe we are just lucky? It seems like greys would be used to being in a kennel environment from the track, but maybe once they get used to a home env it's tougher for them to deal with a kennel? Or maybe the other breeds that can be loud and disturbing is different from their structured life at the track kennel? I'm just curious - and thankful ours will go to the kennel when we infrequently need to board them! :)

Jennifer, mom to Galen (GableTeletubbie) and Trixie fka Mooch (MostAggressive)
Always missing Connie (Connies Fullofit) and Chase (No Worries aka "Ace") & IG Angels Velvet and Bitsy