Anyone Feed Their Dog 4Health Salmon And Potato?

Guest AngelPup

Guest AngelPup

Hi all. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience feeding their dogs this food from Tractor Supply. Brady's vet had recommended switching him to TOTW because of what looks to be an allergic reaction to Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice (his ears were very red and infected with yeast). But I came across the 4Health Salmon and Potato which is less expensive and seems to be comparable to TOTW (plus they are both made by Diamond).

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/4healthtrade;-salmon--potato-formula-for-adult-dogs-35-lb-bag

4Health brand seems to sell out pretty quickly at our local store, so it appears to be a popular kibble.

Anyone have experience with this food--especially if your dog has food allergies?

Thanks!

Edited by AngelPup

Guest greytone

I go back and forth between the Kirkland (Costco) chicken and rice and the 4Health turkey. I haven't had any problems with it.

I've just started feeding the 4health salmon and the dogs are doing really well on it. I've been pleased. :) We moved to an area that doesn't have a costco and this is a great alternative to Natures Domain.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Yes! That's what Toby and Dakota eat. I had never even heard of 4 Health til we adopted Dakota. I found out that's the food our group provides for its fosters.

Toby was on science diet sensitive stomach for years and I switched him over to 4 Health Salmon and Potato, which is what Dakota was eating. His poops look much better than they did before, and the price is great!! :)

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I will switch between 4Health and Diamond Lamb and Rice depending on availability in my small town since the formulas are basically identical. I will also buy a small bag of the salmon and sweet potato formula every once in a while to add a different flavor. My hound seems to really like it, and I agree with the other posters, you can't beat the price.

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

Guest kkaiser104

Teddi did great on it, but we switched to the more convenient Iams green bag. My parents had 1 dog who didn't do well on it.

Guest mountain4greys

I'm feeding both my fosters 4Health Salmon and Potato, and 4Health Chicken and Rice, mixed together. They are doing great on it.

Guest WhiteWave

I use the Grain Free Beef and the Grain Free Whitefish in my rotation. Never tried the Salmon. Ronon did fine on the grain free ones. Joey dropped weight like crazy. 5lbs in 3 days. He just couldn't keep weight as it too low in calories so I had to go to higher calorie for him.

I prefer the grain free b/c they are not made by Diamond like the others.

Guest AngelPup

Thanks everyone! This is very encouraging. Once Brady's digestive system is back to normal (he's being treated for hookworms), I'm going to try it!

We tried a bag of 4Health for the small dogs and they didn't seem to do so well on it. They were on Science Diet previously but b/c of supply issues at that store, they were switched. I feed Wellness Core to Cookie and I switched them to the small breed version (they like smaller bites), and so far, so good.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/TgrrValily/CookieMac2009pt2/siggyyayayayayay.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Buddy James, Cookie Dough, Shelby, and Mac. My angels :angelwings:angelwings:angelwings:angelwings

New dog mom to dachshunds Ginger and Ruger :banana:banana