Tapering Off Prednisone

Guest brit1

Guest brit1

My non grey (30lb) was dx with probable brain tumor and put on 10mgs prednesilone daily with intent to increase dose. Its been 10 days and due to side effects she agreed it is not helping and not contributing to her quality of life. So vet instructions are to give 5mgs for 3 days and then stop but I was wondering how others have tapered off as I want to be sure to do it safely. Thanks for any advice. brit

Obey your Vet.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

You may have seen different instructions in other instances, but your vet has prescribed what's best for your girl considering her weight, how long she's been on the pred, how much she's been taking, what's wrong with her, and the fact that it's not helping her. Prednisone isn't something that all dogs take the same way--and they don't come off it the same way either.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)