Help! Not Sure What I Saw, But.....(Kinda Gross Sorry!)

Guest chickenpotpie

Guest chickenpotpie

Finally my girl had a nice poop this morning! I felt like celebrating because it wasnt a pudding poop. However, after she was done, she had this string thing hanging out of her butt. I didn't let her lick, I took her in and cleaned it. It was long, whitish (clearish) I think I got all of it, but it came out in pieces. She's just finished another round of Panacur, but I don't know if its a worm or not.

So I'm wondering what should I do now? Should I take her back to the vet, give her another round of Panacur, or maybe just wait?

Could be tapeworm - they break into segments... And I'm not sure if Panacur gets them... call the vet - don't suppose you saved them?!?!?! (heehee) Would be useful for vet...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

If there are more, or you see some on her poop, try to get a straw or something & put some in an empty pill bottle with some alcohol...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest chickenpotpie

Ok I'll make an appointment to the vet. She's went poop 3 times today and this morning was the only time I saw such a thing. And no I didn't save the first thing I saw.... :hehe I was so grossed out...I couldn't even eat breakfast. In her latest poop I didn't see anything like that. I'll certainly keep a watch out, she usually poops 3-4 times a day. She ALWAYS poops on walks, not even sure why but well....

Ok I'll make an appointment to the vet. She's went poop 3 times today and this morning was the only time I saw such a thing. And no I didn't save the first thing I saw.... :hehe I was so grossed out...I couldn't even eat breakfast. In her latest poop I didn't see anything like that. I'll certainly keep a watch out, she usually poops 3-4 times a day. She ALWAYS poops on walks, not even sure why but well....

The exercise gets things moving...hence the pooping on the walks :)

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Guest DeniseL

I found something like that in Miami's poop shortly after adoption. I took it to the vet and informed them that he must still have worms. They took his stool in the back to take a closer look......turns out it was a long partially digested piece of tape that had been holding a bandage on his injured paw. The dressing had mysteriously disappeared the day before :hehe:hehe:hehe

That was before I realized Miami eats things....anything really that can fit into his mouth. Lucky he wasn't blocked because of it....ugh. I have learned a lot through the last year.... :)

Guest chickenpotpie

The exercise gets things moving...hence the pooping on the walks

Her poops on walks are HYOOOGE. Its like she's been holding back just for the walk :catscat I need to carry bigger baggies, apparently!

Our newest houndie girl had tapes too. We ONLY saw them in her first poop of the day. I am not sure why but we didn't see them otherwise. And, we did give her Drontal. It is expensive but it does the trick and quickly!

Wow, thats also quite interesting. I checked her poo this morning (which was very well formed YAY!) and I haven't seen any other stringy things. I will say she's a heck of a lot more active than she has been in a few days. Still, I will take her in to see if there's any worms.

Guest Addie

You guys are funny! I think most my foster dogs had them. I only get grossed out if they are still moving and/ or they poop them in the house :sick

Guest chickenpotpie

Well, we have an appt for June 10, we couldn't get in any sooner, so, I'm hoping its not worms. I saw another stringy thing but it turned out to be grass.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chickenpotpie

spring = eating grass = me checking everyone's butt as they come in the door. :hehe

:hehe I have no idea why she's so gaga for grass. She eats only a little and never upchucks so I figure it really can't hurt much.

Oh, and she passed another worm that definitely looks like a tapeworm. A friend told me to try this stuff http://www.amazon.com/SPECTRUM-Dewormer-strength-Tapeworms-Praziquantel/dp/B008B1AVTK/ref=sr_1_4?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1370358451&sr=1-4

June 10th can't get here soon enough!