Eating Earthworms

Guest bizzydesigner

No harm.

My last dog, Kramer, used to suck nightcrawlers out of the ground like spaghetti! It was disgusting and funny at the same time. I asked the vet, and they said it was OK (if gross). Well, one night good old Kramer barfed. And I didn't have my glasses on...as I bent over to clean it up, the pile appeared to be MOVING. Horrified, I put my glasses on. Wish I hadn't, as it was a bunch of still alive really, really big nightcrawlers!

I didn't let him partake after that!

Wow that sounds traumatizing to say the least. I would have scolded my pup for not chewing her food before she swallowed! Lol

Guest Waterdog66

Have not seen her eating worms YET but Audrey does regularly chow down on snails; She crunches them up and spits out the shell.

My area has a huge infestation of snails to the point where it gets hard to run through the golf course early in the morning. (Slimey crunch, crunch) I have nightmares about the snails biting my ankles so I am not too unhappy about her contributing to the pest control.

She will usually harvest them from the base of the bushes or trees but leaves the ones on the pavement alone.

Have not seen her eating worms YET but Audrey does regularly chow down on snails; She crunches them up and spits out the shell.

My area has a huge infestation of snails to the point where it gets hard to run through the golf course early in the morning. (Slimey crunch, crunch) I have nightmares about the snails biting my ankles so I am not too unhappy about her contributing to the pest control.

She will usually harvest them from the base of the bushes or trees but leaves the ones on the pavement alone.

NO SNAILS!

http://www.vethelpdirect.com/vetblog/2009/12/03/beware-of-slugs-and-snails/

Before tonight I would think all of your hounds are goofy but, my girl ate one this evening after she rolled in it-yuck! She now has worm breath-ugh. I'm not worried about her getting ill but, I will be brushing her teeth before she climbs into bed with me tonight!!

My friends dog does this, he rubs his head over the dried worms, then eats them! :wacko: I guess there are worse things out there that they could be eating :)