Nature Domain New Turkey And Sweet Potato

Guest SueG201

Guest SueG201

I went to Costco yesterday to get dog food, and they now have the Turkey and Sweet Potato. I figured I would try it because my old 14 yr old grey has decided that she does not want to eat the Salmon anymore, so I mixed it in with the Salmon Natures Domain. She ate real well both meals tonight, and just a few mins go, puked up her dinner. I have noticed on the Salmon that she has to poop right after she eats, and the last 2 days it seems th e turkey is sticking in her gut longer, but the puking has me worried. I really need to get some weight on her, she is down to 52 lbs, and should be arou nd 62, she is a big tall girl. What am I gonna do now. I know she is old but I will not give up on her, it is so hard with an old dog with back leg problems but she really seemed to like the turkey, enough to lick her bowl , which is rare. Is turkey bad for them?

I switched Aston to the turkey & sweet potato from the salmon formula, with no problems. :dunno He's been on the turkey for a few bags' worth now, and our current bag was purchased a few weeks ago. Maybe switch to another non-turkey food -- could she be allergic? have you tried feeding her anything with turkey before?

Or, perhaps it's a bad bag of kibble? I didn't keep my current bag (I empty it into a vittles-vault type of holder), but you could call Costco to see if any other complaints have come in?

I hope she feels better soon :heart

Those salami-looking rolls of dog food (I think newman's but not sure) were a great way to get and keep weight on my cocker spaniel towards the end of his time here. Very tasty and good calories. I cut hunks up into his kibble.

Hope your sweet girl feels better soon.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

We fed the Turkey & Sweet Potato for over a year with no issues. They just came out with a Beef & Sweet Potato (yellow bag) and we're trying that now just to give them some variety. So far so good. Ours didn't really care for the Salmon one.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

I am so sorry to hear this, Sue -- it's so tough when they have trouble keeping up with their calories. Maybe you might try something bland for a day or two, and then see if she can keep that down? Boiled chicken and rice well overcooked, or some posters have said that they use Evanger's canned chicken for this purpose -- and if she keeps throwing up, then maybe a visit to the vet would be in order. I hope she feels better soon and stops scaring her mama.

bth_FredandKimbaGreytalksignature1.jpg?t

Loving Kimba & Fred, missing Booker & Polly, first greyhounds, never forgotten.
"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights.
That is the way of a whole human being."
Abraham Lincoln

Guest SueG201

day 4 she is doing fine on the Turkey and actually looks like she gained a pound or two. I guess the vomiting was just coincidental. Thanks all for your concern

Guest WhiteWave

I would look for a food with higher calories. Costco food is mid level in calories as are just about all of Diamond products.

Bil Jac Sensitive worked for my little 16 yr old guy. He is also liking the Frozen Bil Jac added on top. Walmart is carrying the frozen Bil Jac which is also helping keep weight on Joey. Pongo seems more sensitive now and some foods cause him to vomit or get diarrhea where they didn't use to bother him. Sucks getting old